Chapter 6 Dante -Savage

I watch her, engrossed by the fine features of her delicate face. In the daylight, I can see everything, from the way her eyelashes frame her incredible blue eyes so exquisitely to her soft cheekbones that look chiseled in the most feminine of ways. Sonia Gavino is a beauty, so much so that I can't help but envision wrapping my hands around her slim neck, forcing her to scream my name as I fuck her mouth—that ravishing mouth.

She's sitting as far away from me as possible, at the opposite end of the island. But that doesn't matter. I can still inhale her flowery scent. She smells like a goddamn field of roses.

"How are you this morning," I ask, wondering if she, too, is thinking of the way I pulled her back from the edge of the terrace last night.

To think that I almost lost my charge as soon as I got her is almost too much for my mind to absorb. What has made Sonia so unhappy that she would consider ending her life? I know that it's not the hostage situation. That's not something that would make someone consider suicide. I don't think.

No. There's something else going on behind the perfect facade that is Sonia Gavino, and I will find out what it is.

"I'm fine," she says curtly, wanting to avoid all conversation with me.

I notice that she's wearing last night's dress, a gold beaded number that shows off her slight shoulders. It's a nice dress, an expensive one, likely. But it will no longer work for her. Now that she's mine, she needs a wardrobe that will befit our situation here.

"I need you to be ready to go in fifteen minutes," I tell her, finishing my coffee.

"To go? To go where exactly?" she asks, her eyes brimming with unasked questions.

I realize that she may be thinking about all types of things. Where is this man taking me? What is he going to do to me? But what Sonia doesn't realize is that I'm a very forgiving captor. I'm not going to hurt a single hair on her head. I'm going to make sure she stays safe and sound. In fact, she may be safer with me than anywhere else, considering the force of my guards and the security measures I have in place at the mansion. It's my fortress, far removed from the city and ready for any attack.

"I'm going to take you shopping," I say simply.

She looks mortified. "What? I can't go shopping with you. I'm your prisoner."

Looking over at her, I notice how her face is flushed, not knowing how to respond to this new situation. I see that her heart is beating fast against her chest as she takes in quick breaths.

"You'll come to find out, princess, that I'm a very forgiving warden. As you spend more time with me, you might even come to enjoy your time here."

"Enjoy?" she spits out the word. "How could I enjoy this? You're a murderer, a monster. I don't even know you, and yet you've pulled me away from everything and everyone I know and love. I will never enjoy this or you."

Her defiance is starting to wear on me, but what did I expect? She's a Gavino. They're known for their insolence and for not playing by the rules.

I stand up, walking over to her. Leaning down, I whisper closely in her ear, my voice raspy, "You will come shopping with me whether you like it or not. Enjoy it. Don't enjoy it. I don't care. The point is, you will come with me because I said so. We leave in fifteen minutes. I expect you to be outside, waiting for me by the limousine."

Then, I turn on my heel and walk out of the room.

I don't know what type of game she thinks she's playing at, but she just woke the savage beast inside of me. I don't know when or if I can get it caged again. Sonia doesn't know that there's a dark side lying in wait, just waiting to pounce. It's a specific piece of me that's not meant to see the light of day. I can usually keep this part tamed so that it doesn't cause too much trouble, but with her defying me at every corner, even when I'm trying to do something nice for her, well, it's getting harder and harder to keep a lid on it.

As I walk through the halls to my office, Romano comes up next to me.

"Boss, I have confirmation that Leonio knows his daughter's missing, and he's going insane looking for her."

"Does he know it was us?" I ask.

"Not yet, but with our plan, he will by nightfall."

"Good." I scratch my chin, feeling very optimistic that by day's end, Leonio will know that he fucked with the wrong family when he killed my brother. "Keep me updated throughout the day."

"Will do."

For now, I have a princess to deal with. She might be more than I was expecting, a handful, but that's never made me waiver in the past. I will make sure that Sonia behaves and learns how to respect me during her time here. I can be the nice guy or the devil. It's up to her.