Chapter 13 Sonia -Prisoner

I wake up with Dante's arms slung around my body. It's not an unpleasant feeling. In fact, this is the first time in a long time that I've felt really secure and safe.

It makes no sense. He's imprisoned me, taken me away from everyone I know and love. But here in his bed, I feel inexplicably comforted and like everything's going to be okay.

It's an odd feeling that I haven't felt in so long. Okay. All right. Safe. These are things that I never thought to experience again. When I lived with my father and brothers, there was always an unending cycle of violence surrounding me as deals took place in the skyscraper I grew up in. I know they were arranging for drugs to be trafficked, laundering money, and ensuring that anyone who went against their plans would pay for that insolence with their lives. While they largely shielded me from what was happening, I knew that blood stained their hands. I knew the price of being a mafia daughter. And that was something I found hard to live with.

But now, with Dante, I don't know. He somehow has made my life in New York seem so far away, so removed. In his warm bed, with his big arms around me, it's hard to remember why I wanted to die.

I savor this moment with him, relaxing into the bed and wishing that every day could be like this. But eventually, after a while, I decide to start the day by taking a long, hot shower. So, reluctantly, I remove Dante's big arm from my body and extract myself from his warm bed. I sneak out of his room quietly so as not to wake him up, wrapping myself in a sheet as I go down the long corridor to my room.

Once I'm in my luxurious master bathroom, I let the sheet fall from my body before running the shower water hot.

I need to wash off Dante's cum, wipe myself clean and think about everything that happened last night.

The water feels good against my swollen pussy. I slather soaps and oils over my body, washing away the places where he was, where he claimed me.

I soothe my sore breasts where Dante bit and sucked and wash my pussy that's tender from where his big cock thrust into me again and again.

But with every stroke over my body, with every touch, I'm reminded of him, of Dante, and of the powerful fireworks that exist between us.

There's a magnetism pulling us together, which I don't think either of us can deny. But it's there pulsing just beneath the surface, beckoning us to be together despite everything in our lives that says we should stay far apart.

I run my fingers through my hair, remembering how he tugged on it when we were in the limousine when I gave him a blow-job. It was some primal need inside of me that directed me to do it. I needed to get down on my knees and service him. I felt an ache inside of my body to do that, and it was only filled once I had his cock down my throat.

What is that? What is this pull he has over me?

Everything in our lives says we should despise each other. In fact, instead of showering, I should be using this opportunity to look for an escape. But I don't want to escape. Not anymore. I don't want to be anywhere that Dante isn't.

So, I finish my shower languidly. I carefully wash, making sure that I smell clean and fresh for him. Then I step out and towel dry myself, including my hair.

It's stick straight no matter what I do to try to add some curl to it. I get my hair and my bronzed skin from my mother, who's Spanish. That, combined with the feistiness of my Italian father, makes for an intriguing mix. I have tanned skin and pure blue eyes. Staring into them, I brush out my hair and wonder what it is about Dante that draws me in? How have I fallen for the man who took me?

After smearing on loads of lotions and potions, I walk naked to the closet in my room that's been filled with all of yesterday's purchases. There they are, lined up. All the dresses, cashmere sweaters, jeans, and casual daywear are hung in the closet with the tags still on everything.

I walk in and start by putting on some of the new lingerie Dante bought me. Black. Lace. Then, I pick out a pair of jeans and layer a white t-shirt with a gray cashmere sweater over it. It seems kind of chilly today like it might rain.

I leave the closet, deciding to see if Dante's awake before I head down to have some breakfast. Hopefully, Ludovica is already in the kitchen; otherwise, I'll have to fend for myself.

Walking back to Dante's master bedroom, it's hard not to notice how beautiful the house is. Expensive art lines the walls, and countless antiques blend in seamlessly with the modern conveniences. It reminds me of an English country house, albeit a huge one.

Once I reach the master bedroom, I peek my head in and see Dante still asleep. I go to the bed so that I can stare at him while he slumbers.

It's a creepy thing to do, I know. But there's a part of me that wants to memorize all the lines of his handsome face. I want to put to memory how his sculpted cheeks perfectly offset his lush mouth and how the lines of his thick eyebrows flawlessly frame his beautiful eyes, which are closed. His incredibly long lashes are on display, showing me how even in sleep, he looks gorgeous. Still powerful, but gorgeous all the same.

Just as I'm looking at the way his carved muscles remain chiseled and flexed when he's not even awake, his eyes pop open.

"What are you doing, princess?"

I smile and sit on the side of the bed. "I was trying to memorize you," I admit.

"To memorize me?" he asks.

"Yes. I just...never want to forget the way you are right now, in this moment. Whatever happens in our future, I want to remember how beautiful you are right now, how beautiful last night was."

He smiles and sits up in bed, allowing me to see more of his sculpted torso. The man has an eight-pack, and it's pretty hard to tear my eyes away from it.

He pats the bed, indicating that I should sit closer to him, and I do. I scoot over, but it's not enough because he pulls me toward him, his big arms making me feel like I weigh nothing as he slides me across the bed. I practically melt to his touch.

"Last night doesn't have to be a one-time occurrence. It can happen again, and again, and again."

"I know." I shrug. "But I anticipate that things will become messy. My father will find out where I am, and then he'll prevent me from ever seeing you again."

Darkness spreads across Dante's eyes. I can tell that I've upset him by mentioning my father. I wish I knew what kind of beef the two of them had.

"You're mine," he says, holding me a little tighter. "Never forget that. I say when you will leave, if you will leave."

I shudder against him as I realize that I am still and forever will be his prisoner no matter what happened between us last night.