Chapter 27 Dante -Diamonds

I set her down on the beach and look down at her. Her blazing blue eyes peer up at me, and it's hard to ignore the way my cock stirs in my pants to see her in that tiny string bikini.

"Why have you named this place Diamond Island?" she asks.

"The first time I came here, the beach was pristine, untouched by anyone. There was nothing here at all, only the sand and the surf. To me, the beach looked like millions of tiny diamonds in the sunlight. I couldn't believe it. I felt like I had finally found a place that was impervious to the ruinous effects of man and the economy. This island reminds me of the innocence in life. It reminds me of being happy, even despite all the shit I have to deal with in my everyday life."

"Innocence?" she asks. "But you're the leader of the De Rose mafia family. How could you ever want innocence? Don't you crave violence and fear and chaos?"

Her eyes find mine, causing a ripple of desire to flow through my body straight to my cock.

But I shake my head. Sonia needs to know that I'm not some killer out to slay everyone I meet. "Is that what you think of me? That I'm some bloodthirsty monster?" I ask, the words coming hot off my mouth.

She slowly nods as though it pains her to do so. "Well, yes. I mean, you're a mafia leader, Dante. That means you have a certain craving for violence, doesn't it?"

I glance out at the setting sun, which, by now, is making its final descent over the ocean's horizon. The last of the pink and orange rays can be seen in the sky, and it's giving the entire island a magical feeling. But what Sonia and I are talking about isn't magical at all.

"I never asked for this, you know," I tell her. "I never wanted to be the leader of this godforsaken family. This all happened thanks to your father."

"My father?" she asks.

"Yes. He killed my brother. Silvio was the one who was supposed to take over when our dad died. He was raised for this shit. And he and I had a kind of unspoken agreement that I would get out of the entire mafia business. But now, thanks to Leonio, I'm in this for life."

"No. It can't be," she says. "You can still find a way out. Right?"

I shake my head. "There's no way out of this for me, Sonia. Now, because my brother died, I'm in this for life. And the freedom I was craving is now a thing of the past."

She clutches at my shirt, her fingers grazing along my tight ab muscles, trying to reason with me. "But you're the boss, Dante. That means you can make your own rules. You don't have to stay in this life."

Gazing down at Sonia, it's hard not to notice how fucking beautiful she is. Her hair is so black, like a raven, and it shines in the last remaining moments of light as the day turns to night. I almost have to respect her naivety. She, above anyone else, should know there's no fucking way out of the mafia. At least before I had Silvio's protection. With my brother running things, I didn't need to be around. I was going to be free to do my own thing. But now, all the responsibility lies on my shoulders.

"I am and always will be the boss," I tell her, wrapping my hands around her slim waist.

A single, solitary tear slides down her cheek. "It's all my father's fault. He killed your brother, and now you're confined to this existence."

I lean down and kiss away her tear. "Yes. But that's nothing for you to worry about."

I slide my hands up to her bikini top and tear away the string, causing it to fall to the shore. Her beautiful breasts are exposed.

Fuck.

I inhale a deep breath, trying to memorize this moment. Sonia is so fucking captivating it almost hurts to look at her.

"Don't worry, baby," I say as I dip my head and take one of her tits in my mouth.

I swirl my tongue around her nipple, causing it to become hard and erect. Then I do the same thing to the other one. She moans and gasps, running her fingers through my hair.

"Oh, Dante," she breathes. "I just want you to be safe."

Safe?

I realize in this instant that my safety is as paramount to her as hers is to me. And it's an odd thing to understand because I've never had my life matter to anyone in a tangible way. I've always more or less been on my own. So to think of meaning something to her, of her caring about whether I live or die, causes a new kind of reaction to burn inside of my core.

"I want you, Sonia. I need you. Right here. Right now."

I snatch away what's left of her bathing suit, leaving her standing naked in the darkness as the final tip of the sun has disappeared in the distance. She looks like a goddess rising from the sea, like fucking Aphrodite or something.

"Dante—I want to suck your cock." Her words come out as a tremble.

I look down at Sonia, recognizing the need in her eyes. I see that she needs to suck my cock, that it would fulfill her every desire to do so. So, I unzip my pants and remove them, losing my suit jacket and shirt also so that I'm standing nude with her.

"Then fucking suck it, baby." My voice is a harsh whisper.

She gets down to her knees, licking her lips as she goes, and then slowly, with intent, she circles the tip of my member with her tongue.

Yes.

This is goddamn bliss.

I might be stuck in the mafia, running the De Rose division as boss. But this is my fucking freedom. It's her. Sonia