𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

|| 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐲 ||
001

ꨄ︎

third person pov

"tanjiro!"

the boy named tanjiro turned to look at who was calling him. tanjiro who wore a checkered, black and sea foam green haori over a white robe and black pants and a turqoise scarf wrapped around his neck. with a little look on his ears, you could spot a distinct pair of hanafuda earrings dangling on his ears as he swayed his head to look at his mother who had called him, the earrings was styled in a white and red flower and his long hair kept tied in the back with a small ponytail causing his earrings to show.

"your face is all black, come over here." tanjiro's mother called out. without saying anything, tanjiro approached his mother who had kneeled before him.

"it's okay if you don't go, it's dangerous when the snow is falling." said tanjiro's mother as she wiped her son's face with a clean cloth.

"it's almost the new year, and everyone wants to eat to their heart's content. i'll only go sell a little charcoal." answered tanjiro, tanjiro's mother had softened. she knew tanjiro is a soft young boy, he grew up being educated, kind, and caring and she can never ask for more.

"thank you." said tanjiro's mother as she finished wiping his face.

"nii-chan you're going to the village today?"

"i want to go too!"

voices from tanjiro's younger siblings protested. tanjiro who had been the main support to his family ever since their father had died. tanjiro became the man of the family, he who had helped with everything he can as he was born as the first son.

"no. you can't walk as fast as tanjiro can." said tanjiro's mother as she approached hanako and shigeru.

"but mama!" protested shigeru, even after protesting tanjiro's mother immediately shut them down with a single no.

"he can't pull the cart today, so you can't come as he wouldn't be able to give you a ride when you get tired." explained tanjiro's mother.

tanjiro smiled at his younger siblings trying to ease the tension of them wanting to come with him down the mountain. he then spotted another one of his siblings, takeo, who held an axe as he stood at the side staring at the commotion in front of him.

"ah takeo, could you chop a few trees while i'm gone?" questioned tanjiro as he stared at his younger brother who held a pout on his face.

"i guess i could." sighed takeo as he turned his head from the side, showing how disappointed he is as he wouldn't be able to cut trees with him, "i thought we'll all do it together."

tanjiro who stood still let out a small chuckle as he reached for takeo's head, he then ruffled his hair causing the younger one to yelp and scold tanjiro for doing that.

out of the corner stood a young lady who wore the same checkered, black and sea foam green haori and over it is a white long-sleeved blouse and black pants, she also had a distinct pair of hanafuda earrings dangling on her ears and her chest length hair had been tied in a half bun.

"tanjiro, may i come?" questioned the young lady known as kamado y/n.

kamado y/n is a relative of them, they're cousins. her father had died due to an illness and she was left alone since then, tanjiro's parents who heard the news had kept y/n in and raised her like their own child. she is at least two years older than tanjiro.

"of course." tanjiro exclaimed showing a smile as he watched the young lass approach him.

they knew each other since they were young, the news of her being left alone had worried tanjiro so he had seen his parents and asked for them to take her in, unknown to him his parents had done that already and she was in the same home as he is that day. he was so delighted when he had seen her during their dinner.