𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

|| 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧 ||
003

ꨄ︎

y/n kamado pov

there stood in front of us, a man wearing a tengu mask. he had this comforting aura that can be trusted but i will never let my guard down when things go the wrong way.

"then how is one supposed to kill a demon?" questioned tanjiro as he turned to look at the man.

"don't ask other people, you have a brain right? so use it." said the man.

his footsteps are so light that even i couldn't hear them at all. he must be someone from the demon slayer corps but he isn't wearing the uniform. is he on leave?

i stared at tanjiro waiting for him to do something. this could be his first demon kill, i must watch as it would be entertaining. but clearly he can't make up his mind. he held a rock on his hands, ready to slam on the head to crush it but he didn't. all he did is stand and think, he's wasting his time. this won't do.

the man who wore a tengu mask then shook his head before leaving tanjiro alone to decide for himself. if i were to help tanjiro then he wouldn't learn at all, he must have been thinking that crushing that demon's head would hurt him, well that is exactly the point. he's supposed to be killing him, all he did is stand and think. it's better to leave him alone to his thoughts so he could sort it out.

"come nezuko, let's enter the house as the sun would rise soon." i said as i grab nezuko's hand.

nezuko glance over to tanjiro before shrugging. she followed me without any fight and we stayed inside the house waiting for tanjiro to finish off the demon.

i heard yawning coming from rokuta, i glance down and find him trying to find a comfortable position in my arms. his eyes slowly closing and finally he had fallen asleep, he must have been tired.

"here." the man approached as he gave me a cloth, "you must be tired from carrying him in your arms, wrap him from behind with a cloth to relax your arms." continued the man as i reached out grabbing the cloth he had given me.

with the help of the man, i was able to put rokuta on my back with the cloth tied in front of me holding his weight. just like what nezuko usually do whenever they take a walk outside.

"nezuko." i called out as i saw her hiding in the basket.

the sun has finally risen yet tanjiro is still outside deciding whether he'll kill the demon or not, took him long enough of what strategy to use when killing the demon. he won't be able to kill demons when he hesitates like that.

"too hesitant!"

said the man followed by a loud slap. i then step out of the cabin and found tanjiro holding his cheeks that had turned red from the impact of the slap he had gotten.

"you are too hesitant on everything. you didn't even manage to kill the demon before morning!"

"you also could not answer my question immediately. do you know why? this is because your resolve is too shallow."

"if your sister wants a human, there are two things needed to be done. kill your sister and then slit your own stomach. this is the kind of resolve needed in bringing your sister along with you."

then the scolding continued as tanjiro stood still, staring at the man with pure interests. i can confirm that this man is a demon slayer, if he wasn't wearing the uniform does that mean he's an old demon slayer? he must have resigned or something.