𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

|| 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 ||
002

y/n kamado pov

it has been a few minutes since tanjiro had left us in a cave. he said he needed to get something for nezuko, i was about to accompany him but he told me to stay and rest to gain my energy as we'll be walking nonstop to reach urokodaki's home.

"nezuko." i called out as i reached my hand to pat her, she had a worried look plastered on her face as her gaze shifted to mine. just then, she started digging and once she had dig enough dirt, she went inside the hole and hid there.

"it's alright nezuko, the sun won't get to you." i comforted as i gave her a gentle smile, just then i heard shuffling beside me and there i found rokuta with his eyes wide open.

i had placed my haori on the ground before letting him sleep there, it was quite tiring carrying him considering the fact that not once did he woken up, this is the first time seeing him awake again.

"i see that you're awake rokuta, are you feeling fine?" i asked, the smile still plastered on my face as i faced him. he then nod his head as his eyes scanned the area noticing the unfamiliar place we're in.

nezuko who had noticed her younger brother had finally woken up, she lifted her head until her nose before staring at rokuta who was busy scanning his surroundings. just then, footsteps could be heard nearing the area and that startled nezuko so she hid once more.

"nezuko, y/n, rokuta!" exclaimed a familiar voice, he then showed up kneeling down.

"y/n there you are, is nezu---

suddenly noticing that nezuko was not in sight, he started panicking and calling out for nezuko and i tried calming him down but it looks like it wasn't working as his main focus is to call out to nezuko. nezuko who heard tanjiro's voice then showed up, she lifted herself but her face is still the one showing as she doesn't want to get out of the hole she had created.

"there you are!" said tanjiro who sighed in relief, he then stared at the hole she had dug. he's probably questioning himself if nezuko had turned into a mole just by the look of his face that is.

"wait here for me for a moment." exclaimed tanjiro as he left the cave and sat outside, clearly doing something.

i then carried rokuta who had been awake all this time, but tanjiro didn't notice him since i was covering rokuta. before leaving the cave, i patted nezuko's head with a smile plastered on my face just so i could ease her nerves, her frown turned normal as she stared at me with those glowing eyes.

while carrying rokuta, i exited the cave and stopped in front of tanjiro who's busy making a basket that he could probably carry so we'll be able to travel during day time.

"tanjiro, rokuta had woken up just a few minutes before you arrive." i said, this got tanjiro's attention as he stopped what he was doing before glancing to rokuta who was wide awake.

"nii-chan." mumbled rokuta as he spread his arms wanting to be carried by tanjiro.

tanjiro rushed towards my side and i passed rokuta to him, he and rokuta had their moments while i continued making the basket for nezuko. he must have been worried for rokuta's health when we're traveling. it's good to see them bond at this time while i work at this basket that nezuko will be needing.