𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 & 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

warning: mentions of spoilers in the manga, mentions of suicide and deaths and a music is provided for you to listen while reading certain paragraphs, i'm not forcing you to do it, just merely recommending it! i have it on cue, just play it when you see the sign!

|| 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 ||
061

♧︎︎︎

|| 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲||
062

ꨄ︎

third person

as months passed ever since the death of the honorable demon hunters and the pillars. each and everyone of the remaining survivors had trouble sleeping peacefully, as the sudden terror of a dream would wake them up panting and sweating from the horrible outbreak of a scene that involves the deaths of their fellow comrades. 

some even lost their minds from the nightmares that awakens them during the night, that they ended up strangling themselves to death. their thoughts would be blinded with clouds, feeling that there is no way out of the hell they're experiencing, and that committing suicide is the only way for them to breakout from the hellish nightmares that dives within their souls.

even though some lost their minds from the hellish nightmare visiting them every night. there are some who are brave and tough enough to block the terrifying scenarios flashing through their eyes whenever they sleep, they are the ones who manage to survive, they are the ones who kept living to continue the legacies of the people who died during the war. they will forever carry the memories of their comrades, and may one day come a time where they will reunite, have a cup of tea, and have an idle chitchat while ignoring the disturbances happening in the world.

among those people who is able to withstand the wrath of the hellish dreams that kept appearing during the night is the pillars from the demon slayer corps, rengoku kyojuro, the flame pillar who wears his smile whatever the situation is. shinazugawa sanemi, the wind pillar who wears a scowl whatever the situation is. tomioka giyuu, the water pillar who wears his stoic face whatever the situation is. and y/n tsugikuni, the sun pillar who pretends everything is fine whatever the situation is.

those four pillars that survived the war have returned home, even though some of them were in comatose for months, they still manage to survive and are seen as heroes by the remaining demon hunter members that fought bravely till the end. 

"you think us surviving is unfair to those that didn't?" questioned the yellow-haired man, glancing at the burgundy-haired woman beside him.

"you're loyal, brave, and true." answered the burgundy-haired woman, the man tilted his head in confusion, not understanding what the woman meant with her words.

"you never turned your back even when akaza decided to offer you an invitation. you fought bravely till the end, and you stayed true to your words that you'll defeat muzan and bring peace to this cruel world. what sounds unfair to that?" said the burgundy-haired woman which caught the man off-guard with her compliments, his cheeks tainting with pink as he pursed his lips before looking the other way. 

"i-

"they died for our sake, for the victory that the demon hunters sought for years. don't feel sullen because of their deaths. don't feel remorse for their deaths, because i know that they died accepting their fates."