𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

mentions of self harm, death, and blood.

|| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 ||
022

ꨄ︎

third person pov

in an empty forest in a far away land, where snow falls heavily due to the cold weather consuming the area. a certain burgundy-haired female laid on a pile of snow, her skin slowly frozing from the feeling of the cold weather gazing upon her skin.

"y/n? what are you doing laying on the snow, you might catch a cold."

the burgundy female known as y/n, stirred from her unconsciousness as she heard a familiar voice booming through her ears.

she suddenly shoot up from her laying form, facing a rather small, and short tanjiro who's looking at her weirdly.

"oh i'm sorry, i must have thought you're a person i know."

apologizes tanjiro as he noticed the burgundy female who's body looks mature for a nine years old girl he've known his whole life. despite the maturity of the body, he also notices the way she dresses which is not similar to his cousin.

y/n's utterly shocked by the view. she then looked around, remembering where she fell asleep on the train, and leaving rokuta alone on his own. she also figured that the ticket was the cause of all these, but what she can't figure out is where she was.

"hey tanjiro." muttered y/n as she slowly make her way towards her small cousin, startled by the unknown female tanjiro suddenly screamed before running away from the female.

y/n hurried her way, stopping tanjiro from his tracks. she held his shoulder before making him face her, the once petrafied expression of tanjiro turned into pure relief when he noticed that it was y/n and not the random young lady.

"oh y/n it's you, i thought it was that young lady who's chasing me." said tanjiro as he breathe a sigh of relief, clutching his heart as he felt it pump faster than the average human's beat.

"pft what are you talking about tanjiro!" giggled the small y/n as she clutch her stomach releasing a few laugh here and there, teasing tanjiro for being a scaredy cat.

the once old mature y/n had gone, and a small nine years old y/n came by. the sun pillar had finally fallen into a deep slumber where she'll witness a dream that'll lead her to death.

y/n kamado pov

i sat on a cushion as i stared at tanjiro who's blabbering about the old lady he saw that looked like me. he said she had burgundy hair, even had the same eye color as me, but the only difference is that she's quite mature for someone my age and that she wore a black sort of uniform and is holding a blade.

my thoughts reached the skies as i tried picturing the image of the old lady. i might as well look like her in the future if she kind of resembles me, maybe she's my older sister?

but papa never mentioned about me having a sibling so it's impossible. besides mama died when i was born, so technically they couldn't reproduce. don't even ask about how i knew, i've been fond of reading books and let's just say i came across this not safe for work book that opened my eyes to such traumatizing scenes.