𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 & 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

warning: manga spoilers

|| 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 ||
047

♧︎︎︎

|| 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 ||
048

ꨄ︎

third person pov

the battle in the red light district had come into an end, most of the people residing in the area had fully evacuated. tanjiro had ended passing out because of his injuries, the same goes for his two friends: zenitsu and inosuke. The sound pillar remained conscious and got treated when they arrived in the butterfly estate, most of the pillars are present to see those who have returned and they are on their edges when they haven't spotted the burgundy-haired female. 

in the butterfly estate, tanjiro opened his eyes weakly as tears formed within his eyes while remembering the dream he had just witnessed. he was not sure as to whose dream it was, nor who are those people in his dream, but something about it hit his nerves.

suddenly the sound of a bowl breaking could be heard, and by the door stood kanao with widened eyes as she saw that tanjiro had finally woken up.

"are you okay?"

"after the fight ended, you didn't regain consciousness for the two whole months." muttered kanao before walking towards the bed of where tanjiro laid.

"i see." mumbled tanjiro to himself, still lost with his thoughts.

he had been sleeping for the two whole months, and his older cousin is out there exposed to the demon who had taken her. is she still alive? where is she now if she's alive? what if they turned her into a demon as well?

"i'm so glad that you're awake." said kanao while smiling down at tanjiro

away from the room where tanjiro is staying, a person is seen walking down the halls, holding a tray that contains high quality castella, wanting to offer the cakes because of how he thinks highly of them and respected those younger kids, that they fought bravely till the end. 

"they're not only younger than me, but they also became swordsmen and fought with their lives. I honestly respect them."

"and that's why i'm bringing some high quality castella. i'm doing my utmost best not to gobble it up right here and now. it's a present since he's still unconscious, and i heard he has a good sense of smell, so maybe he'll wake up if i put it close to him." 

thought that kakushi to himself, the man who had an utmost respect towards the three young demon hunters is known as gotou. he's a member of the kakushi, the cleanup brigade of the demon hunters. 

gotou's eyes widened when he saw the door of tanjiro's room is open, he quickly went towards the entrance and noticed the broken dishes on the ground, and the soup scattered all over the place.

"what the-

"clean this shit up."

"oh kanao-chan, you just do whatever you want, don't you."

"she's an oddball since she doesn't speak at all. and she's been slaying demons since childhood. well, i can't say anything since she's higher-ranked than me. despite me being twenty-three."

thought gotou to himself as he place the tray that contains the castella on the floor, before cleaning up the broken dishes that laid on the ground, and even wiping the soup from the floor, reminding himself that he'll come back to wet the floor so it wouldn't become sticky.