𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 & 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

|| 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲 - 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ||
004

♧︎︎︎

|| 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲 - 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ||
005

ꨄ︎

tanjiro kamado pov

"i am a cultivator, like what the word describes, i cultivate swordsmen."

"there are a lot of 'cultivators' who cultivate swordsmen with a variety of techniques in a variety of places."

"if one wants to enter the demon killing corps then they must survive in the 'final selection' on 'fujikasaneyama', i get to decide whether you are allowed to enter the 'final selection'."

✰★✰

i began writing a diary today for nezuko. she had been asleep ever since we arrived at urokodaki-san's home, i thought that maybe writing down my experiences daily would be beneficial as when i'm far away she could read the diary and see what had happened to me, y/n, and rokuta in our every day life when she was asleep.

y/n on the other hand had been excelling in training. i nearly thought that she's a natural when it comes to hardcore trainings. she would always be ahead of me but i never once became jealous of that, i am kind of relieved knowing that someone who excels in martial arts could protect nezuko when i'm far away and such.

everyday we would descend the mountain, training ourselves hard so that we won't pass away during the final selection. y/n had easily avoided the traps while descending the mountain, there are times wherein she rushed too much that she get caught by some of the traps laid out. i on the other hand had been slowly adjusting, i was able to avoid the traps as we had been doing this repeatedly everyday.

my stamina had increased, my nose is able to detect smells even swifter than before. the same as y/n, she had sharp eyes that could see the threads even from far away, she had enhance her skills and therefore could see threads even if she's a bit far from them. she would always guide me on the threads so i wouldn't end up stepping on them which usually works everyday.

however, the difficulty of the traps began to slowly increase and are filled with a heavy stench of killing intent. i don't know if it is just me but i think urokodaki-san is trying to kill us just before we could join the final selection.

few days after descending the mountain empty handed. urokodaki-san had given us a blade that we could wield when we descend the mountain. that is really annoying, i would end up getting tangled or getting hit by the logs as the sword is a huge distraction, y/n had easily descend the mountain not even breaking a sweat. she must have known how to wield a blade before.

after descending the mountain with a blade. urokodaki-san had taught us the sword swinging, i had been swinging my blade nonstop and it does exhaust my arms. the training had been continuous, it would always start with us descending the mountain to us swinging the blade until we get the hang of it.

he had also warn us about the blade. he told us that the blade could easily snap. even though the force of the strike of swinging vertically is strong, the force of swinging horizontally is very weak. when using a blade, one must swing along with the blade. the position of the blade, and the direction one applies the force to swinging the blade must be exactly the same. urokodaki-san had very good explanation but if i had manage to break a blade and so did y/n, our bones would be broken as well. that is what he had threatened us.