𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 & 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

warning: mentions of spoilers in the manga

|| 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 ||
055

♧︎︎︎

|| 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 ||
056

ꨄ︎

third person pov

before the attack in the ubuyashiki estate, the pillars are having a meeting together. they sat across from each other while discussing some important matters that needed to be done.

"we should have at least two pillars guarding oyakata-sama at minimum." said sanemi, leaning his elbow on his knees as he is sat on the ground across from the water pillar, giyuu.

"can't you do something about this himejima-san?" questioned mitsuri as she gaze at gyomei who sat in front and in the middle of everyone.

"impossible."

"i became a pillar when i was nineteen, and i have been asking him for eight years straight, but he refuses to budge."

"he insists that someone as strong as a pillar shouldn't be wasted on the likes of him, it's problem."

said gyomei while tears streamed down his face, as usual.

"i heard that the heads of the ubuyashiki family have never even had a bodyguard throughout history." muttered shinobu, sharing the information that she's learned from a couple of years ago.

"ATTACK IN THE UBUYASHIKI ESTATE!!!"

the sudden news from the crow had shocked everyone in the meeting, they were all scared to deaths. with the news, they all flew and run their way towards the ubuyashiki estate, the thoughts of death plastered on their minds as they couldn't afford to lose someone important to them once again.

"oyakata-sama!"

"the mansion!!"

"i see it!!"

"it's okay. i'll make it. i'll make-

the thoughts of all the pillars as they viewed the mansion. the sudden relief is immediately removed after seeing how the mansion exploded into pieces and every pillar running towards the mansion froze.

sanemi stopped from his tracks, his face screamed petrified as he watch how the fire spread throughout the area as they witness the explosion on cue as they run towards the estate to save their leader.

mitsuri covered her ears as she let out a huge gasp, her eyes forming a gloss as she stared at the scene in front of her unfold.

shinobu had sweat covering her face, her mouth open as she stared helplessly at the scene, couldn't even do anything but watch.

every pillar present in the area, all the pillars that was saved by oyakata. everyone who was welcomed by him is present in his death, they could have prevented it if they were careful enough but it was all too late now.

tanjiro covered his mouth in shock, his eyes wide open as he saw the huge fire breaking out and the smell of burning blood and flesh. the way his body froze from the smell, he could smell the corpse of the leader and his family that is included in the explosion.

"GH!"

the sudden noise made the pillars tense up.

in front of them is a burning man who had his face all messed up. half of his face is missing from the explosion, his eyeball threatening to fall from the lack of skin wrapped around it, his upper clothing is burnt and his body exposed for everyone to see the burnt marks that he got from the explosion.