Chapter 24 - Revelations

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Why can't I feel anything???

Saiph took a deep breath, trying to relax her senses, then honed in once again to the force. It must've been just been her not being in tune. But then again, she strained, there it was, the feeling of being in a hollow space. As if nothing was there... or something wasn't being let through... No, she couldn't be...

She was being blocked.

Immediately opening her eyes, her eyes scanned around the room. Getting up, she checked everywhere for a presence, even forcing the grate in her ceiling open. If someone was able to block her senses, they must know where she was. Knowing that this was not a normal occurrence for her, she started to panic. She was very much aware of how unwise her actions were at the moment. What would Obi Wan say? She was acting on her emotions. Saiph went to open a the small opening in her window to let some air in. Backing up, she started to pace in circles, fiddling with her hands, where had this come from??

I must be going insane, she thought. If she was really being watched, it would've been more gradual... right? Saiph closer her eyes and focused on on the force, but nothing was amiss. She could feel everything around her, all flowing in an interconnected way. Eyes still closed, she scrunched her nose.

I must've imagined it.

Relaxing a bit, she turned around and got cleaned, before getting herself into bed.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Ever since Obi Wan had passed, Saiph had been following her personalized schedule. She would wake up early in the morning, train with her lightsaber, grab something to eat, train hand to hand combat and finish her days with some meditation.

The next day was no different, with Saiph waking up bright and early again, she headed off to train with her saber.

However, ever since Ahsoka had left with Anakin, Saiph had been seeing Barriss everywhere. Whether it made her uncomfortable or not, she was not sure. Saiph understood that Ahsoka had told Barriss to see that she stayed out of harm's way.

As she made a turn down a hall to the training room, she saw Barriss, who was approaching her.

"Hello, Padawan Carian." Barriss stated, her hands together in front of her as she started to walked next to Saiph when reaching her. "I hope I'm not going to be intruding you, I just wanted to talk about something."

"Did Ahsoka send you?"

"Well, yes but Padaw-"

"Call me Saiph."

There was a small pause, "Alright, then... Saiph... I just was wondering if I would be able to join you for your training sessions?"

Saiph thought on the offer. To be joined by someone who she had spent time with would be nice, she would be able to get to know the other padawan. Saiph complied, letting Barriss follow her to the training room.

"Say... your vocabulary has changed a bit Saiph."

"Has it?" Saiph responded, "I didn't notice..."