Chapter 38 - A War on Two Fronts pt.2

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Stay where you are. Identify yourselves."

Saiph looked down to where the voice was heard. Anakin was standing there, a creature towering before him. Even though it was already dark, the being seemed to obliterate any further light from the stars to dine down. The person riding it pulled at the reins, making it lift its front legs up. Anakin tried to get out of the way, but was blocked by another shadowed figure who appeared behind him, blocking his path.

Saiph began to first move to aid him but Ahsoka put a hand in front of her, giving her a look, signalling her to wait. She could sense Obi-Wan and Rex, right behind Anakin.

"It's all right." Anakin took his hood off of his head. "We're friends."

"Jedi." The rider in front of Anakin said, hints of relief laced within their voice. The rider moved their position so they could be in the light. Saiph saw that it was a young woman. Dark hair in a bandana, her blue eyes contrasted beautifully with her skin. Almost their age, if not older. She carried herself with dignity, Saiph could feel her strength through the force. She was fierce.

"Let's go." Ahsoka said in a hushed tone to Saiph, tilting her head to jump. She hopped down lightly from the trees they were hiding in. Saiph glanced around before hopping after her. As she walked forward into the small area where everyone was gathering, Ahsoka had begun to introduce herself to the riders.

"I'm Commander Tano," Ahsoka took off the hood of her cloak. leaned back and gently pulled Saiph by the arm next to her, who also pulled her hood down, revealing her face.

"This is Commander Carian."

Saiph bowed her head in greeting. "Hello there."

"We're here to help you take back your planet."

The woman on the creature tilted her head up quietly scanning the two girls before replying, "My name is Steela. I'll guide you to our secret base."

The sun had begun to rise on this side of the planet. Light began to seep through the canopy of the warm forest as the group had been walking all night. Steela had decided to walk with them, allowing the other members of the rebels to hold both animals behind them.

As the morning drew into day, Saiph had been given the chance to take a look around at the planet's abundance of plant life. Many of the plants were resting above the ground, all muted tones of green, yellow and violet. The trees themselves Saiph now realised were in a sense, sharp. The branches were thick and short, ending abruptly.

Noticing how Saiph was observing the trees, she "I see how you almost fell back-"

Saiph whipped her head around to Ahsoka, eyes wide. She hushed the girl with her hand, "Ahsoka!"

"You almost fell?" Obi-Wan inquired, on Saiph's left. The padawan tilted her head to see her master and smiled sheepishly, "It's nothing, i'm alright-"

"Did you get hurt??" worry evident in Obi-Wan's voice.

Saiph sighed, Oh dear

"Yes master-"

"Let me see-"

Saiph reluctantly let go of Ahsoka's head and handed her hands to Obi-Wan to let him examine her.

"Thank you oh so very much Ahsoka." She told Ahsoka sarcastically.

"What, it's not my fault the man has a soft spot for you." her friend whispered in a hush tone, "It's his job."

She then grinned from one ear to another, "Besides, I'm just teasing you."