Chapter 39 - Rebel Training

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph grunted as she carried a box, bringing it over to where the two Jedi masters were.

"Do you need help?" Anakin asked, gesturing to the spot where she should place it.

"No... - I got it." She groaned, leaning down and setting it on the earth, a small cloud of dust rising in the air when the bottom hit the dirt. She stood up, taking in a breath of air, "I am quite capable by myself."

"Alright, alright." Anakin exclaimed, "I usually just need help Obi-Wan here because of his back... you know how age affects the body."

Saiph giggled and Obi-Wan only closed his eyes and shook his head in amusement. He had grown used to Anakin's antics over the years.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Anakin." he returned jauntily, raising an eyebrow, almost as a dare. When Anakin only smirked, he changed the subject.

"Saiph, I think it's time to start the lessons. Go and find Ahsoka."

She nodded, "Yes master." And with one 180 degree twist, she looked around the area. Not being able to see, she moved up on top of a rock nearby and scanned again. Among all of the bodies moving about, she was able to distinguish a pair of montrals. She had her arms crossed and was listening intently to whatever the rebels she was speaking was saying. Saiph smiled, some mannerisms never changed.

Saiph silently walked over to where the Torguta was and tapped her on the shoulder, momentarily interrupting her discussion with the person. She whispered in the girl's ear, "We need to start."

Ahsoka nodded in understanding and put her hand on the rebel's shoulder, "We'll talk later."
Saiph balanced back and forth between her feet while she waited for her friend and when she did walk beside her, smiled.

"Making friends already?" Saiph asked,

"Yes." Ahsoka replied, "That woman," she gestured to the rebel she had spoken to earlier, "-has family within the city still, a younger sister."

"Oh my..."

Ahsoka hummed, "the sister actually works for the so-called king."

Saiph raised her eyebrows, "Now that's a story for the future."

"Yep." Ahsoka popped the 'p' at the end. "Are you going to get us started here, or should I?"

"You got this." Ahsoka leaped up on the girl's shoulders, giving them a soft squeeze. Saiph now noticed how soft her hands were.

Saiph chuckled and shook her head and shook off her friend. She clapped her hands together to get everyone's attention.

"Can I have everyone's attention please?"

"We are going to be doing an excercise, which will be executed by Ahsoka Tano here. In these bins, there are

Saiph nodded silently to Ahsoka, letting her know she could speak. She backed out of the center, switching with Ahsoka. She backed up to stand on the side.

"The pilot in the front hatch controls the tank, the shelves and the short range blasters. The commander in the top hatch controls the turret and the main cannon." Ahsoka took a pause. "You have to take out both chambers. Otherwise, the tank will remain operational."

Ahsoka looked over towards Rex, signalling him to start his demonstration. Saiph watched from the side, enjoying the scene before her. Rex was skilled in his training, Saiph knew that well enough, but there was something about the way other people reacted to him. As he swung himself onto the cannon of the tank, Saiph glanced at the crowd. The rebels either had their eyes widened in amazement or shock they would have to do the same. While Anakin was behind everyone, (still easy to find- considering his height,) had a very proud expression on his face.