Chapter 19 - A Chase

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

TW: death

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

It was Thursday, at 19:00. Saiph was walking with Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi Wan at the shipping dock. They had each finished a patrol around and were on their way to the temple. For what reasons, Saiph did not know.

"So what's the big rush?" Anakin asked, he voiced the thoughts of the majority group.

Saiph looked to her master in curiosity, "The Jedi Council has called an emergency meeting." He said and Anakin let out a sigh.

"I can see it now, another long, boring debate."

"Well, I think the discussions are quite interesting." Saiph said, shrugging.

"Would you rather have them call you in to train younglings?" Ahsoka asked with a smirk, Saiph's mouth drew a small smile as well. It was well known how Skywalker did not take a liking to the younglings.

Anakin chuckled, "Are you crazy?"

"Maybe you could try to-"

Saiph was cut off by the sound of blaster fire. She rolled to her right, behind some shipping containers, whereas Ahsoka and Anakin ducked to the left.

The shots continued to be fired, Saiph noticed it was towards where Obi Wan and her were hidden.

"Any idea where that shot came from?" Obi Wan asked, covering his face as another shot sent sparks.

Saiph's eyes darted across the scenery and her eyes landed on a man at the top of the buildings surrounding the shipping dock.

"There!" She said, pointing up.

"A sniper. I see him there too." Ahsoka replied from across the way.

"Alright, here's the plan. Anakin-" another shot. "you flank him on the right. Ahsoka and Saiph, you two cover the lower streets."

"But what about you master?" Saiph asked hurriedly.

"I'm going after him."

Without another word, the four of them ignited their lightsabers and headed off to chase the The unknown person. Saiph ran with Ahsoka through the streets, behind, but not too far back. She could see the red laser beams from the weapon being shot across the rooftops.

"I'm going to go up a bit!" Saiph yelled and Ahsoka nodded, running a bit more forward. Saiph clenched her jaw and focused on force jumping, flipping in the air into a ledge as she did. She was just under the  rooftop when she saw Obi Wan step out from behind a roof vent and look around. Saiph's gut lurched, she felt an unbalance in the force and looked around. She spotted the perpetrator come through the shadows and started to run towards him. She had about ten meters to go.  Then she would jump.

Nine meters.
Eight meters, seven....

The force started to electrify in waves, Saiph darted her eyes between the gunman and her master.

"Master!!" She yelled, then a shot rang out through the alleyway, like ringing of a gong bell in the wind.

Saiph stumbled forward, watching as Obi Wan fell from the rooftop, hitting crates before landing hard on the ground.

"No!" She cried out, she jumped from the ledge and immediately dropped down to the ground, grabbing Obi Wan.

Saiph heard Anakin and Ahsoka yell something to eachother before feeling Anakin's force presence drift farther away.

"Master...?" She asked, waiting for a response of any kind.

Ahsoka knelt down and gently held his wrist, feeling for a pulse. They were silent for a minute, the air was heavy with anxiety. Saiph's heart dropped when Ahsoka's hand left Obi Wan's wrist.

"No..." Saiph started, she tried to keep it together, she could feel her panic starting to increase and her breathing started to get ragged.

Ahsoka didn't say anything. She was silent, her eyes said it all, tears threatened to spill down her cheeks. Saiph softly held Obi Wan's head, her right hand landing on his shoulder. Saiph tried to breathe, her chest starting to get heavy.

The audio around her began to warble, she wouldn't look at anyone, she was a still as a stone. Staring at the face of the man she knew as her father-figure, dead. She couldn't believe it...

He was dead.

Saiph's fists began to clench, bunching the tunic on her master's shoulder. Muffled sirens could be heard coming near...

He was dead.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}