Chapter 36 - Called to the War on Two Fronts

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The room was dimmed, illuminated by two holographic figures. Blue hues bouncing off of the robes of the Jedi council, seated in a circle. Saiph was present, standing behind Obi-Wan who was seated, legs crossed in his fashion. They had received a call for assistance from Onderon. The said planet that had been taken over by the Seperatists... or allied with- depending on who you ask.

"Unfortunately, the only way to reclaim Onderon will be through armed struggle. But we lack sufficient hardware and supplies." Lux Bonteri spoke. Saiph noticed the boy had matured since she last saw him. She glanced at her friend, Ahsoka, stood alongside her master, next to the projections of the two rebels.

"Onderon is in your king's rule." Obi-Wan stated. "And at the outbreak of the Clone War, he chose to align it with the Separatists."

The man next to Lux stepped forward. "Our true king has been silenced." He was a tall man, with a sharp face and a stern voice.

He stepped forward.

"The one you recognize is a traitor and a Separatist minion. We need your help to survive this. " he finished.

The council was silent for a moment, Saiph could almost feel the thoughts flying through the room's atmosphere.

"Find a way we shall." Yoda nodded.

Lux bowed to the Jedi masters in the circle, signalling the end of the conversation.
"We await your answer."

In the hologram, Saw was the first to end his transmission, flickering away. Lux followed a second after, not before stealing a glance at Ahsoka. He offered her a gentle smile, one which she returned kindly. This went unnoticed by the council, as well as Anakin. But not by Saiph.

*flashback*

The soft humming of the Jedi cruiser going through light speed rang in Saiph's ears. Maybe the ringing itself was from the fight that had occurred only hours ago, or maybe it was a sign of Saiph's current inability to reconnect to the force to meditate. The young Padawan grumbled, why was she being blocked out all of a sudden? 

She leaned her head against the back of the closet and closed her eyes. She could feel the movement of the clones walking around on the deck, all the way down to the hangar bay. She could also sense her master briskly walking through the corridors, looking for her. Probably for her mandatory medical checkup after battle. She'd find him after.

Just one more try.

As Saiph began to meditate, he struggle increased. The ringing in her ears began to grow and she ignored that pain, pushing forward.

You're trying a bit too hard don't you think?

The absence of the ringing immediately made Saiph's eyes open in surprise.

The once dark room was now extremely bright, the light orb now only a few inches away from Saiph's visage.

The girl cringed and shut her eyes. "Do you have a way to turn that off??" She asked and the orb hummed.

Yes.

The light came to a soft glow in the closet and Saiph opened her eyes with caution.

"Thanks."

Of course.

There was a brief silence as Saiph sat there. She had so many questions, all which needed answering. But as soon as she was given the chance, all of her thoughts escaped her, as if they were trying to avoid the conversation.

Eventually, she spoke.

"How did you know?" Saiph asked quietly, looking at her hands in her lap.

What do you- the orb started but was interrupted by Saiph, who was more assertive this time around.

"-How did you know that Stass was going to die?"
Only her eyes looked up at the light in front of her, expression mixed with many emotions.

I know many things. All of which have happened to  me.

"So you are you someone or something?"

I cannot reveal every biting at once, young one. But in time, you shall see what it all means.

Saiph internally grumbled. She didn't know how that was supposed to be helpful. "What can you tell me though?"

Remember your feelings and emotions Saiph. Don't let your loved ones leave.

*End of Flashback*

Saiph let her eyes train on Ahsoka, watching as she smiled to herself, processing the quiet interaction with Lux. Ahsoka made eye contact diverting her eyes to her Master from Saiph's quickly, embarrassed.

Saiph shifted her feet uncomfortably.

Anakin had moved over to the center of the room to speak. "There are pockets of rebels on many of these planets that just need guidance. With training and resources, they could attack soft targets while the Republic continues to engage them on the battlefield."

Leaning forward, Obi-swan sighed, "That sounds like terrorism, Anakin."

"Well, I think of it as an insurgency to help realign these planets with the Republic."

"We can divide the Separatist forces and press them on two fronts."  Mace Windu chimed in.

"A means to an end fear cannot be. Stop those who spread terror the Jedi must. Indeed." Yoda agreed.

"What you're suggesting would open up dangerous possibilities. And we must not train terrorists." Obi-Wan reminded him.

Anakin shrugged. "Eh, rebels. Funding rebels to overthrow a legitimate government puts innocent lives at risk. We can minimize collateral damage by using arms that mainly affect droids. The least we can do is help them defend themselves, test the tactic while we're at it." Anakin chucked, "This could be a great new weapon for us."

"Hmm. Train and observe. Send advisors we will."

Anakin nodded in return. "I'll assemble a team."

"I'm going with you. Along with my Padawan." He said to the council for the second half.

"What, you don't trust me?" Anakin teased.

Placing a hand on hi friends shoulder, Obi-Wan smiled. "Too much. That's what worries me."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

HI EVERYONE
HOLYYYYY SHI—— !!!!! There's a lot of you that have read this after a few months- I am lost for words. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!
<3 <3 <3<3
I have figured out how I will be posting more consistently nowadays, since my school semester is quite full. Chapters will be shorter, but they will be more frequent now. (Took me awhile to figure out how to organize my time management.)

{To those who've been reading for awhile now- how do you feel about Saiph and Ahsoka?? }

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}