Chapter 2 - New Meetings

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

  Saiph followed Cody with some clones through the hangar. Her mouth dropped slightly as did her hand from her lightsaber at the size of it. It was filled with all kinds of cargo and gunships, with even more clones. They weren't all yellow like the ones in the shuttle, but some were in blue/white armour as well others being in white armour.

She couldn't believe it, she always dreamed about what it would be like to be in a cruiser, but she hadn't expected this. Soon, they were walking through several twists and turns in the hallways as she followed Cody. The clones that were with them had slowly dispersed along the way.

Probably heading off to do their own thing she thought. She noticed that some of the clones looked at her with curiosity.

She heard some murmur as they passed,

"Another one?"

"I reckon she's General Kenobi's."

"Wonder if the other general knows..."

Another one? Saiph pondered, she thought only a Jedi could have one Padawan at a time, no more...
Her thoughts were soon cast away into a distant memory when they were standing in front of a large door, which she immediately realized led to the control deck.

"Right through there is where you should find the General." Cody said, extending his hand towards the door.

Saiph was about to go in but froze. She needed to get herself together before she entered. Quickly, she took a step back and hopped lightly on her feet, shaking her arms to get the nervous rush out of her.

"You... alright kid?" Cody asked with an eyebrow cocked. She had almost forgotten he was there before she continued her exercise.

"Yes, I am now. I just had to get it all out before I say anything embarrassing." Saiph said, looking up at him.

"You'll be alright. You have a bit before General Skywalker returns from his excursion."

"Master Skywalker is going to be here?" She asked with a surprise, "I didn't know he was going to be coming as well."

Cody nodded, "Yeah, he tends to do that a lot."

Saiph nodded, "Thank you sir, it was very kind of you to escort me."

"Just doing my job." Cody said, before turning and walking away.

Saiph watched him turn the corner before looking at the door in front of her again. With a deep breath, she walked forward and the door opened.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The sound of beeps and clicks immediately surrounded Saiph as she looked around, there were two divots on each side of a walkway, where several more clones, like the one she saw in the ship, were dressed in grey, busying themselves at computers. Turning back to look in front of her, she almost tripped when she made eye contact with the man at the other end of the walkway.

"Enjoying yourself there?" He said with a small smile.

Saiph quickly flushed being caught staring at everything and quickly regained he composure.

"Hello Master Kenobi." she bowed lowly, "I am Saiph Carian and I have been assigned as your.. padawan?" She wasn't sure how to start the introductions since she had never been in the situation before. More like on a Jedi cruiser kind of situation.

Obi Wan smiled, "Be at ease padawan, I am not the grand Master." Saiph's shoulders fell slightly but she held her straight posture. She had to make a good impression.

He continued, "I was wondering when you were going to be arriving. Its been awhile since I've have a padawan... Of course, it is a good thing that you came before Anakin get here, so I will be able to show you to your quarters while on board."

Her thoughts wandered all over the place, Anakin? As in THE Anakin Skywalker? She shook off some of the anxiousness running through her and out her hands to her sides.

Obi Wan put his hands behind back, "Please, follow me."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Throughout the walk to her cabin, Saiph had to hold herself back from asking too many questions about her new Master. But he did answer anything she had to ask about the ship, or what was expected of her.
She noticed the clones salute Obi Wan. Soon, they made it to her cabin and he opens the door.

"This is the hallway that we stay in. Anakin and his padawan will also be in the same hallway when they arrive."

Saiph looked around and put her satchel on the bed. She then turned back to Obi Wan, "So Master Skywalker also has a padawan then, correct?"

Obi Wan started to walk back, "That is correct."

Saiph continued as she followed, "Do you know how old they are?"

"Her name is Ahsoka Tano. She is not much older than you, only by several months."

Saiph's eyes widened at the name, "Ahsoka Tano?"

Obi Wan only nodded, "Yes, do you know her?"

"Only of her. She was the one of the top of her classes with Master Yoda."

Obi Wan nodded again, "I heard that you were very good in Master Yoda's sessions."

Saiph internally blushed, she had never been complimented before on her training. To hear adults praising her was new.

Obi Wan continued, "But, for classes, your training will start very soon Saiph" he led her back through the hallways to the control deck once again.

"But with this war, anything can happen. Do you understand?"

Saiph nodded as when he turned he turned to her.

"Yes master."

There was a short period of silence that followed as they stood there, Saiph fiddled with her hands and Obi Wan surveyed the clones.

"May I ask something?" Saiph asked softly, looking up to her master.

"Of course, young one."

"Is it true that Padawan Tano is a commander?"

Obi Wan nodded, "Yes, that is true."

"Does that mean I am one as well, since I am your padawan?" Saiph asked nervously, she was worried about having such a large responsibility so soon.

"Yes, that is true."

Saiph nodded, and looked through the glass of the deck's windows.. she had to grow into the new environment as well taking part in commanding a platoon of clones.

Then from their bottom left in the in the cuts in the floor, they heard a clone speak, "Sir, General Skywalker has arrived."

Obi Wan nodded to the clone, "Thank you."

Saiph stood with Obi Wan at the front of the deck looking as the stars seemed to slow down and they entered hyperspace. It was all so fascinating to her, the several shades of blue and white whirling around as they flew through the tunnel of light.

"Is there anything that I must know about Master Skywalker before introductions are made?" Saiph asked, breaking the brief silence.  But she continued to look forward at the sight before her.

"Just know he is not one for such-" he gestured between her and himself, "formalities."

Then, the door opened.