Chapter 25 - Confidential

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

A few days passed, and Saiph was making her way through the aisles in the library. She had been trying to get in contact with Ahsoka to ask about how Anakin was doing with his search for the bounty hunter that killed Obi Wan Kenobi... That is, if he even was dead.

They should be back soon... Saiph thought.

Saiph made a round a corner and saw someone from a distance who seem to be looking around for something. Taking a closer look, she noticed that it was Ahsoka... It was Ahsoka!! Saiph let out a small gasp and ran towards her, trying not to run into any of the tables. She slowed down once she made it to Ahsoka, her friend turning around once she felt Saiph's presence.

"Saiph! I was looking for you!" She smiled.

"I tried to contact you, why didn't you answer?"  Saiph asked and Ahsoka smiled nervously, "Some of my equipment broke when we crashed on Onderion."

Saiph's eyes quickly scanned her friend, making sure she did not have any injuries and Ahsoka put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm alright Saiph." Ahsoka said calmly, her voice filled with assurance. Saiph's shoulders relaxed and she smiled softly, enjoying the presence of her dear friend.

Ahsoka then shifted the conversation onto Saiph, "How about you? How have you been doing? Was Barriss good company?" Ahsoka's attention was drawn to Saiph's physique, "Have you been training? You've gained some muscle..."

Saiph felt her spirits drop at the mention of Barriss, the conversation between the two of them replaying in her mind again of a brief moment. But when she went to smile for the second time, she tried a bit harder to make the grin seem genuine, responding with "Yes, she was and yes I was :)"

"I'm glad," Ahsoka continued, "I was thinking about you when we were out, you seem much better than before." Ahsoka's eyes widened in panic, beginning to stumble on her words. "Not that you weren't good before- no, like if you were feeling down, you seem better! I didn't mean it in a-"

"-Ahsoka!" Saiph interrupted, getting a hold of her hands, "Thank you." And with that small word of thanks, Saiph genuinely smiled, hearing how much Ahsoka cared made her chest feel a bit lighter than it usually would have been.

Maybe I should tell her what Barriss said...

But what if Barriss was telling the truth, you can't trust her!

She's the closest person to me though...

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

From far away, Anakin was looking for his padawan and saw the two girls. From the body language of the two, he knew that they were having a moment and hated to break it.
But, there were urgent matters that needed tending to. He had been needing to talk to some of the Jedi masters since he was out. His findings on Obi Wan had been surprising, yet he was slightly relieved at the fact that he now knew that his friend lived.

He kept his eyes on the two girls as he made his way over, hopefully Ahsoka was being quiet about the whole thing.

"Ahsoka!" He called out.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Ahsoka!"

Saiph blinked a few times, realizing that she had been lost in her thoughts, staring. She became flustered saying, "Uh... sorry."

Ahsoka whipped her head towards her masters call and they both bowed as he approached.

"Ahsoka-Saiph," Anakin acknowledged her, lightly bowing his head to her. "I was wondering where you ran off to, we are going to be needed for a mini briefing."