Chapter 27 - Departure

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Warnings: Alcohol Abuse, use of Narcotics/Drugs
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Time is running thin Saiph thought as she ran through the quarters making her way to the Jedi temple hanger.

Not only was she delayed, she was not able to go to the cafeteria to grab something to eat.

I'll live

Eventually making it she paused checking around her to make sure that there was no one watching. Quietly she made her way through the big doors into the hanger. There were some people, but not a significant amount to raise alarm. Mainly storage workers, mechanics and the handful few Jedi that were departing were just returning back to the temple.

She then saw her ship. Saiph started to make a run for it but then realized that there were a group of clones heading in her direction, but they had not seen her yet. How had she missed them?? It didn't matter, it was too late for her to go in. She quickly glanced at a shuttle near her own ship and made haste to it. Luckily, the ramp was open. Sneaking inside she crouched as she made it to the top of the ramp. She turned the corner of the ship just next to it and was faced with a tall, dark figure, or it was taller than her. Taking a step back, she was able to see it was a human, with a slender figure that clearly had scars of violence, littered on their body.

"OI- watch where you're going!" They stumbled backwards and into some crates behind them. Saiph stepped forward to help them up, but they swatted her hands away.

"Are you alright?" Saiph asked His breath reeked Spice Runner Hard Cider and smoke, while they sat on the ground. Saiph caught a glimpse of a few cylinder like tubes in their pocket as their coat shifted at the change of their position.

Death sticks.

They muttered something and wiped their nose, Saiph pulled out the flask of water that she had in her bag.

"What is your name?" She asked, offering him the water and once again, they swatted it away.

"Ezekiel."

"What are you doing... Ezekiel?"

"Is it your business?" They grumbled, this could get annoying if it continued, Saiph could tell already this person was far from sober at the moment.

"Yes," Saiph replied, "yes it is, actually."

"What are you a Jedi or something?" They slurred, taking a small bottle out of their coat.

Is this person serious? She thought, they were IN the Jedi temple.

"Yes." She stated sternly and crossed her arms, "In fact, there is no authorized drinking on the premises."

Ezekiel scoffed, "Oh you cannot be serious."

"I am very serious... In fact," she showed her commlink on her, "I could report you."

"For what?"

"For drinking."

"Who said I was drinking?"

Ezekiel took one swig of the small bottle and set it down quite harshly on the floor. Saiph stared at them, mouth slightly agape in judgment, but sighed, then replying flatly with, "Your breath."

"You know, you're quite witty for your age."

Saiph put her hands on her hips, "Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"What I mean is, you're already a Jedi."

Saiph quickly pulled out the Padawan braid from under her head, "I'm still a Padawan."