Chapter 16 - The Ending of Mortis

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Oh my lord, you guys- 500 reads?????
*squeals*
Thank you so much, it brought a smile to my face today! 😊
I know I haven't posted in a few days and I am sorry. The heat has just started to flow in so I tend to get... (lazy) 😱
But here's me returning some kindness by posting another chapter. [Very late too I will admit 😬]

P.s: The photo above is something that needs to be addressed. ^^^^^^^^^

Love y'all'
☆彡

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph groaned as she laid in the shuttle's bed. She was in a tank top with leggings as she tried to stop shivering. The four of them had successfully made it back before the unreliable weather of the planet decided that it was a good time for a solid down-pour of rain. She tried not to move, but when she did, she could feel her body aching in heavy waves. Obi Wan was tending to Saiph's injuries as she laid on the bed. The blood had slowly stopped flowing from her head but her wrist still hurt. She wasn't sure if she had broken it completely, but something was definitely wrong. Obi Wan had walked over with a large container and opened it on the ground, he started to pull out the things he needed to help his padawan. Saiph looked at him, eyebrows furrowed as he rummaged through the bin.

"Is Ahsoka okay?" Saiph asked and Obi Wan looked up at her. He turned his head to look into the other room, where Ahsoka had moved a floor panel to fix the engine.

He turned back to Saiph, "Are you going to tell me what exactly happened?" Obi Wan asked quietly and Saiph looked back up at the ceiling.

"Ever since.... Well, when we got separated from Anakin that first night... I saw something in my sleep. But... I don't know if it was real.

"I'm sorry, this is going to hurt a bit." Obi wan muttered quietly. She watched as Obi Wan got a cotton swab and poured some ointment onto it, dabbing her arm where she had some cuts. She winced at the contact, it stung her skin. "Go on." He said as he continued to clean her scratches and cuts.

"Well... I saw me. Except... it wasn't really me." Saiph paused to think, then sucking in another breath as the cold ointment touched her skin again. "She... talked to me, saying she knew all of my thoughts. Especially my insecurities and... well, my anxiety."

Obi Wan looked up at his padawan. She had maintained her gaze on the ceiling above him, avoiding his gaze. He already knew of her anxiousness that could arise easily.

"That's not the reason for this though, is it?" He asked cautiously, as much as he wanted to know what had been troubling Saiph, he knew he needed to be patient.

"She called me things, told me things that I have pushed down. And well... Ahsoka said those same things." Saiph shuddered at the thought of her friend's words.

Weak!

Fight me!

Pathetic!

The words screamed in her head and she closed her eyes, trying to get rid of those things said to her. Obi Wan listened quietly, placing bandages on her, then examined her wrist.