Chapter 29 - Expect the Unexpected

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph looked through the window of the cockpit and took in the surroundings of the planet. It was nothing like what she had expected, much less, in fact. From what she had learned about Corellia, it was known for it's massive shipyards of course, but there was a beauty to it that Saiph could not see. All that she was met with was the dimly lit hangar bay.

"Come on then." Ezekiel sighed, "Stay close to me." They walked past Saiph and down the corridor to go outside.

"Just give me a second!" Saiph called out and she took a few more seconds and glanced at her commlink. She had been keeping it turned off as she didn't want to be distracted from her task at hand, but momentarily turned it on. There were several calls, many from Ahsoka. Saiph was about to turn it of when she jumped in surprise as it went off, beeping filling the cockpit. Saiph frantically declined the call with fumbling fingers and sighed, once silence filled the cockpit again.

Saiph was going to turn it off, but against her judgement, she left it on.

In case I need to call Ahsoka.

Something in the force was telling her to be alert, but what of- she could not tell.

She reached for her bag and grabbed her cloak, sliding her arms into the holes. She double-checked to make sure her lightsaber was safely hidden, but still attached to her belt. Wrapping her cloak around her, she made her way to the ramp.

Ezekiel was waiting down below as she made her way out, scrolling through their holopad. Saiph pulled her hood over her head and Ezekiel raised an eyebrow.

"What's up with the costume?" They asked, tucking away the device in their coat.

"It's not a costume. And it's just to be safe..." She said before he smirked and they made their way out. The skies were cloudy- or was that smoke? They were definitely in the slums of the place, near the industrial section obviously, due to the smoke. Dimly lit lanterns and electrical wires were struggler's between the houses

"Have you been here before?" Ezekiel asked as the two walked together. There were more people on the streets now, as they made their way further into the city night.

"No." Saiph responded, tugging slightly at her hood as it slipped off the back of her head, "I've only studied about it in the temple."

Ezekiel let out a breathy chuckle, "They don't tell you about this side of the planet do they?"

Saiph and Ezekiel passed a female at a stand, her hands shaky as she reached out to them, trying to sell the two the variety of objects in crates. Saiph could only assume they were her belongings, but prayed they weren't. Saiph knew Ezekiel was right in the sense of what she'd been taught however, she didn't know if this was common knowledge, or if the Jedi had just never bothered to tell her during her lessons. She'd been to many planets already, some better off than others. But she did know that the ones that seemed brighter in the light always had a shadow, where a vast majority of the people who lived in that shadow were the ones that worked the hardest of the planet.

"Hey kid."

Saiph turned her head back to where Ezekiel's voice was coming from, but they were far ahead already. Saiph had forgotten she had even stopped walking and was staring at the stand.