Tour and Suspicion (2)

(Sorry for the wait. Hate moving, yet again, but here you guys go.)

---------------------------------

"Ready for the tour?" Tadashi asked me. I nodded with excitement, kinda forgetting that lonely feeling.

Soon, we went past many buildings, streets, and shops as Tadashi talked about himself. It surprised me that he was a genius, considering that he liked to invent and made a health care robot which tells me Tadashi loves technology.

The other thing was how kind and brotherly his personality is from the things about helping people. Tadashi must trust me enough to even talk about how he and his little brother lost his parents....that kinda made me feel sad, but he told me not to worry about it, since his aunt took them in.

While I gave short replies for Tadashi to continue, there were a few people who walked by with the look I was too familiar since I was young, but I shrugged it off. "Okay now, taking a break from myself. The best place to get clothes is probably downtown, but that's my opinion." I took that in consideration to look there later. "Thanks for the advice. Is there any place that's best to eat at?"

Tadashi didn't seem to think about it, immediately answering me. "The Lucky Cat Cafe. Best Donuts and Hot Wings in San Fransokyo." I laughed, "Is it like your favorite place to go or something?" His eyes rolled before smirking. "Lets just say, a certain person who's giving you a tour, lives there and his Aunt owns that cafe."

It surprised me and by that point, it started getting very interesting. "Awesome! Can we go there?"

"No!" Tadashi yelled in worry and I raised a brow at him. "Why-" He cut me off after composing himself. "I can't exactly go there because...." I crossed my arms, a little suspicious. "Because?"

"Because....I....was going to surprise my brother and Aunt Cass. Sorry I didn't tell you before, I barely came back from a Robotics Exchange Program that I signed up for."

Nodding slowly, "that's cool, so they all don't know you're back?" Tadashi nodded, "Yeah, so if you see any of my friends or family, don't tell them I'm here yet. Promise?" For some odd reason, my spine gave a chill like when either someone is lying or a spirit/ghost is around. I glanced around, not seeing anything, so I shrugged it off as nothing.

"Okay, I promise." Buuuut, there was something Tadashi wasn't telling me. "Thanks (y/n). You don't mind telling about yourself now?" We took a turn with less tall buildings as I started. "Well as you already know, I'm new here along with my older foster brother and a reason for moving AGAIN."

I dramatically throwing my hands up, causing Tadashi to chuckle. "How is he your foster brother?"

"He adopted me after my mom passed."

"What about your dad?"

My eyes casted down to stare at the sidewalk and placed my hands in my pockets. "I don't know. Hiroshi said he needed more time in the hospital and that he will visit me when he gets better, but it's been a really long time he hasn't come, actually......he never comes at all."

Sadness filled me when a hand placed its self on my shoulder, but I pulled away with a smile. "Anyway, Hiroshi adopted me and promised he would always be there for me, until different hospitals wanted help with his high skills in the medical field. That's how we ended up here and I ended up with an awesome tour guide."

Nudging Tadashi and noticed we had stopped in front of school or something, my eyes landing on a sign. "San Fransokyo Institute of Technology?" Tadashi had that same glazed look again. "Hiro goes here." He stated, before a tear fell and wiped it with a proud smile. "I'm still proud of him, even though I can't tell him myself."

There was the same sad tone, like he's dead and longing to do things again, but I was probably over thinking things. "I'm sure he'll know when you tell him you're back from that program thing." A flash of pain crossed his face quickly smiling a tiny bit. "Yeah and I'll find a way to tell him."

The chill up the spine again. "You alright?" Tadashi asked and caught myself scanning around the area, accidentally letting my voice waiver in nervousness. "Yeah, I'm fine." All I got was a look of disapproval, "No you're not, you keep looking over your shoulder like someone's following us or something."

I knew Tadashi was going to find out sooner or later, but not this soon. The fear of losing a friend had me playing with my bag strap nervously. "Um.....I......" Tadashi knelt down and I stared at him. His facial expression filled with determination, "Hey. No matter what I'll be your friend, so that means I won't give up on you or leave you. Okay? I promise."

That promise gave me more confidence and I sighed. "I....." Tadashi ushered me to go on. "I can see, hear, and feel spirits and ghosts. Not only that, but I can see glimpses of the past, future, and sometimes danger. There's more things, but I had this since I was little. Basically......I'm a Psychic."

I closed my eyes, bracing myself for insults or something mean.

"Really? That's great!" His answer had me shocked and surprised, seeing him smile brightly. "Is that all the trouble was about?" It was a little weird to me because usually, some people would freak out for at least a second, but Tadashi just accepted it just like that. Still, it made me happy someone didn't just walk away.

Suddenly, a yawn escaped my mouth. "I think it's time to get you back home, right knucklehead?" Tadashi ruffled my hair and I laughed, realizing I missed the brotherly bond that Hiroshi and I use to have along with a friend who accepted me for who I am. "Yeah, I guess so." I walked backwards in front of Tadashi who smirked. "You guess so? Now you are so because I'm not going anywhere until your safely back home."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

Finally at the front apartment building, we stood in front of each other with happy faces. "I had a great time and thanks for the tour, Tadashi." He smiled warmly. "You're welcome and remember, pay attention to where you're walking. Never know what or who you might run into." I hugged him, "and thanks for understanding."

Pulling apart, we both waved. "Not a problem kiddo, see you later."

"Later." Each of my steps were full of excitement. Swinging in the lobby, up the elevator, and through the apartment door, I was greeted by a familiar voice.

"Look who's back from her exploring. Have fun?" Hiroshi stood in the kitchen, flipping what looked like rice. "I thought you had to work late?" I walked over to him to give a hug. "I got done early and decided to make dinner, since I sent you out by yourself to explore. I'm sorry about that, so I'll make it up to you." Hiroshi placed the food down as an idea popped my head.

"Can we go browse clothes downtown? I heard they have good clothing stores there. Oh! And visit the Lucky Cat Cafe!" Hiroshi started laughing and I pouted. "Yeah. We can, but where did you hear all this? Sounds like you already meet someone, since you didn't call, saying you got lost or anything." I smiled proudly, "Yes. Yes I did meet someone and we became friends while he took me on a tour. He reminded me so much of you."

"He?" I chuckled at my brother's protectiveness, "Yes and his name's Tadashi Hamada." As I ate a spoon full of rice, silence spread around the table, until Hiroshi broke it. "(Y/n), is your thing acting up again?" My brow raised in confusion. "What thing? You know that can mean many things." Smirking, I only grew more confused at Hiroshi's next answer. "Your psychic abilities."

"Nnnnoooo.....why? Well maybe, but I didn't see anything? Whoa!" Hiroshi had pulled me up and lead me over to the lab, then up to the computer. He typed a few keys, then brought up something on the hologram screen. "Hiroshi what's this news suppose-" My eyes widened at the big bold letters, then the pictures with names at the bottom.

'ACCIDENTAL FIRE, KILLED TWO.'

A lump caught in my throat at the second picture of a young man with the warm and brotherly smile.

"Tadashi?"

-----------------------------

(Oh my gosh! What is (y/n) thinking now?! Hahah I'll try to update a little earlier, still trying to settle in my new home. Comment or like if ya want. =D)