Flashback of the Past (3)

(Here is another update, readers and thanks for the ones who comment on this story, helps with my motivation. Thanks guys, enjoy!)

"This is why I asked, (y/n). That guy...." Hiroshi pointed at an older man. "....is Professor Callaghan. He's the one that started the fire months ago and was arrested after some incident he caused for Krei Tech, apparently some people said they saw six people dressed in suits who stopped Callaghan. By the way, it's awesome we live in a city with superheroes!" I laughed at Hiroshi fanboying moment and him getting off topic, but I remembered the whole day with Tadashi. He was the one who set off my senses and that'd why he didn't freak out about my abilities......because he already knew when I bumped into him. 'I'm just your average, ordinary, everyday, superhero. Nothing more than that, that's all I really am!' I raised a brow at Hiroshi, who dug out a touch phone. "You still have that song as your ring tone?" I said in amusement. Hiroshi rolled his eyes, "Ha Ha. Laugh if you want. Hello?" A yawn came to me and I started to make my way up to my room. "Hold on, hold on." Suddenly, I heard a voice I hadn't heard in awhile as it called out from the phone speaker.

"How's Fredzilla's Batgirl doing!?" Quickly, I ran towards Hiroshi with a huge grin on my face. "Fredrick! It's so great to hear from you!" Fred laughed through the speaker along with Hiroshi. "Told you she'd be excited to hear you. What's up, Fred?" "Dude! Why didn't you tell me you guys moved to San Fransokyo! We could've been hanging out already, like at my mansion!" We laughed at our friend as I crossed my arms. "Well, you know Hiroshi. When duty calls, he's gotta go." Fred chuckled. "Yeah, that's why he's Batman. So I wanted to ask if you guys want to hang out with me and my friends tomorrow at mi casa?" Hiroshi and I glanced at each other with knowing look. "Can't wait to see you Fredzilla!" We said in sync, whole Fred cheered. "Yes! I knew you guys couldn't resist. See you tomorrow guys! Nighty-Night!" "Night!" Hiroshi and I finally went up to our rooms. I couldn't wait to see Fred and meet new people, but my thoughts went back to Tadashi. Sighing tiredly and pulling the covers over me, my eyes watched the night sky from the big window. "Whelp. Bring it on." Sleep swallowed me.

"Wake up knucklehead." I groaned and slightly looked up to see Tadashi. "Can't I get a decent sleep without you bugging me?" I was too tired and laid back down. "Come on you big baby, the show case is 2 hour's from now, besides you slept all day." His statement confused me and I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "What show case?" Tadashi had a disbelief expression. "Earth to Hiro. You know the show case to get into SFIT. The one I quote 'you're gonna lose your mind if you don't get in'." I didn't know who Hiro was, then it hit me. I'm in one of Tadashi's flashbacks and I'm his brother right now. "Oh, the show case. Forgot about that." Now I noticed it wasn't my voice. Tadashi sighed, but smiled at me. "Hurry up and get ready, we still need to take those bins into the Exposition Hall." I nodded, noticing all I had to do was put on some shoes, which is a good thing Hiro slept in his clothes. Soon we loaded the bins in the back of Aunt Cass' truck and drove to SFIT. Unloading, a few people came over to help and remembered these were Tadashi's friends- wait......is that Fred? I didn't know he was friends with Tadashi. They all greeted us and each took a bin to roll in. As we rolled in, a feeling of nervousness and tension filled me. I needed to calm down. "Wow. A lot of sweet tech here today." Tadashi said, than looked at me. "How you feeling?" This time it wasn't me who talked. "You're talking to an ex-bot fighter. Takes a lot more than this to rattle me." Suddenly, Gogo, I guess came up behind me. "Yep. He's nervous." Then Honey Lemon, "Oh, he's so tense." That made me feel a bit annoyed they saw right through. "No I'm not." I lied and Fred spoke up. "You haven nothing to fear, little fellow." Honey agreed, "Relax Hiro, your tech is amazing. Tell him Gogo." "Stop whining. Woman up." She said flatly, annoying me further, but Hiro's emotions still felt nervous. "I'm fine!" Then Wasabi entered the conversation. "What'd you need little man? Breath mint? Deodorant? Fresh pair of underpants?" I looked at him weirdly before rolling the bins with Tadashi behind the stage, not hearing the rest of the conversation.

Suddenly my POV changed. I seen Tadashi's friends and Cass excitedly cheering as Hiro was being moved around on microbots? Now I see why Tadashi was proud of him. A chill ran up my spine as I saw Alaster Krei walk by with a disappointed look, then froze at the man who gave Hiro an acceptance letter. "I look forward to seeing you in class." No one could see me, so I followed after Callaghan. For awhile he talked to other students and looked at other projects, but it didn't last long. Callaghan went to a work space with no one around and I noticed this project could be flammable if not being watched carefully. He messed with it before walking away. My eyes widened and panic filled me as flames started catching at a rapid pace. "No. No, no, no, no." I couldn't do anything, hearing the alarms go off and people running to get out. Then I remembered something,

"Tadashi."

My heart thumped against my chest when I heard a voice in my head, "Callaghan's still in there. Someone has to help." My panic increased and I felt so fricking useless that I couldn't stop Tadashi from running in here. "No." My feet wouldn't move any more as Tadashi ran in the front doors. Tears ran down my face, "Tadashi no! Go back now!" Brown orbs stared right into mine and sobs came from me as he ran at me. A loud ring echoed in my ears as I felt burning all over me. I gasped, sweating and hugging myself. "Tadashi....y-you saw me, before you passed." That's why he followed me and cared so much the other day. I shook the flashback out of mind and got ready for the day with Hiroshi. A sudden anger came upon me as I stared at my reflection. "I'm so useless! Why can't my abilities do something to change the past?" Tears formed again, falling from sadness and my voice cracked. "I saw what happened. I was there and I couldn't do anything! Tadashi.....didn't deserve that." A knock on the bathroom door made me wipe the tears and try to calm down. "Hey (y/n), you ready yet?" Hiroshi said. I took a deep breath, "Yeah, I'll be down in a bit." "Alright, but you better hurry if you wanna browse and get to Fred's get together at his mansion on time." Happiness washed away the previous thoughts and feelings, causing me to almost hit Hiroshi with the door. "Whoa! Slow down there, squirt." He laughed. "I forgot about that! Let's get this show on the road!"

Before I went out the apartment, I heard Hiroshi answer in amusement. "You Knucklehead." Giggling, I turned to Hiroshi. "What ride are we taking?" A helmet went flying towards me and I barely caught it, nervousness etched on my face. "Maybe, I shouldn't have asked." Making our way to the private garage, a navy blue sport bike stood there and I watched Hiroshi get on. "Come on, don't be a big baby, (y/n)." I gulped, slowly getting on and slipping on the helmet. "Just don't go too fast, you know how I get on these things." A twinkle of mischief sparked in his eyes. "Don't worry." The bike started up and Hiroshi looked back at me with a smirk. "This is the only time I get to ride this on my day off." My hands were thrown around him as the bike took off at an dangerous amount of speed. "AH! HIROSHI YOU JERK!"

--------------------------------------------------

(Why Tadashi!? I cried writing that. If only I could like pop up right at that moment and just tackle Tadashi down. Who wouldn't right? Anyway, (y/n)'s first glimpse of Tadashi's past and who would you meet at Fred's get together? Thanks for reading, will make an update yet again. Peace!)