chapter fifteen

"I - er - I wasn't expecting that." Will gulped as Katie nodded her head. "What is everyone's obsession with this boy - he sounds like a dick."

"He is." Katie began to sob again as she hugged Will, crying into his shoulder. He smiled sympathetically as he gently rubbed her back. She sat up, looking him in the eyes as she leant forward, pressing her lips against his. He made no efforts to kiss her back as he slowly pulled away.

"Katie..."

"Great, now you don't want me." She huffed.

"It's not that, you're incredibly beautiful, really - I just don't think you're in the best mindset and besides I am not used to being second choice." He joked making her laugh. "But you can rest, come." He offered as he opened the blanket as she snuggled into his frame.

✧.*

Will let Katie rest for an hour or so before he woke her up, inviting her to sit outside whilst everyone roasted marshmallows.

"Thought the only other sober girl left me." Gwen teased as Katie took a seat next to her. It was weird to everyone who was sober watching people make a fool of themselves.

"I think, we should all go around and say a secret about ourselves - get to know each other a little more." Pandora suggested as she intensely watched her marshmallow.

"Okay." Naomi shrugged. "I think I could be gay." She smiled, Emily grinning as everyone clapped their hands. "Ef?"

"I think I'm tripping hard." Effy shared, everyone giggling as they looked to the boy sat next to her.

Will shrugged. "Let's see, um - I have never done anything but weed."

"Shut up." Gwen gasped. "Not even a pill?"

Will shook his head.

"No way." Katie spoke.

"I am still a virgin." JJ shared.

"J - it's supposed to be a secret, as in no one knows it." Freddie sniggered as JJ scowled.

"Fine then - I walked in on Freddie and Effy." JJ slapped a hand over his mouth as soon as he said it.

"JJ!" Effy and Freddie yelled at the same time.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"What?" Gwen's voice faltered as she took Freddie's arm off from around her.

"Gwen it's not like that." Effy tried to find the words.

"You both slept together?" Gwen trembled as she began to back away.

"Gwen." Freddie called as he tried to follow her.

"Leave it." Will stood up, blocking his path. It took a lot for Freddie to not hit him in the face but he didn't as he sat back down, Will following Gwen further into the forest. He finally found her on the phone as she was crying down it. "Gwen!" Will called as he ran over to her, he had a second girl cry into his shoulder for that night and over the same person, now really wasn't the time to tell her about Katie and Freddie. "Who's on the phone?"

"He's gone now - he's on his way to pick me up." Gwen whimpered as Will nodded his head.

"I'll come with you." He demanded.

"No. Katie needs you, I saw her tear stained eyes when you came out the tent - stay with her."

"You're my better friend -  I'm coming with you." He shook his head.

"No - stay here." Gwen ordered. The two stood away from everyone as they spoke about the situation, only to be interrupted by Effy.

"Look, Effy-" Will began.