chapter one

"Pandora! Guinevere! You're going to be late for you first day of college!" Angela called out.

"I'm up mum!" Pandora excitedly yelled.

"Sweetheart, indoor voices." Her mother soothed.

"Sorry mum. I'll go get Gwen." Panda did a rhythmic knock before entering her sister's bedroom. "What are you doing?" She asked worryingly. Gwen was already up, sat at the window smoking a spliff.

"Close the door Panda." She smiled. "Want some?" She offered but Pandora shook her head vigorously.

"If mum finds out-"

"The only way she's going to find out is if you don't keep this." She pointed to her lips. "Closed."

"Girls? Come down for breakfast." Angela shouted.

"Coming mum!" Panda screeched.

Gwen hopped down from the window and began to get undressed. "Excited for the first day of college?" She mocked.

"Oh yeah! I've packed al my favourite pens, I got crayons and everything." Panda excitedly answered.

"Of course you do." Gwen smiled as she walked past her sister. "Tell mum I'm in the shower, I'd rather that then breakfast." Gwen expressed as she closed the bathroom door. Panda nodded to herself and made her way downstairs where her mum had made her pancakes.

After about fifteen minutes, Gwen made her way out of the bathroom and back into her bedroom. She put on some tight, black cycling shorts and an oversized jumper, she pulled on her socks and put on some black Dr. Marten boots. She then made her way downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Oh honey, do you always have to wear such dark and revealing clothes?" Angela questioned.

"Morning mum." Gwen smiles as she kissed her mother on the head, secretly rolling her eyes.

"Why don't you burrow something from Panda, make a first impression?" Her mother suggested.

"I've got a whizzer jumper that would suit, it's pink and yellow." Panda exclaimed.

"Come on Panda, we don't want to be late." Gwen explained, ignoring her mother and sister's inputs. She dragged Pandora out of her seat as they headed for the front door.

"Sweetheart, you haven't eaten." Angela pointed out.

"Not hungry mum."

"You have to eat something. Here!" Her mother insisted as she tossed an apple her way.

"Thanks mum!" She called as she and Pandora left.

As soon as the door closed, Gwen pulled out a cigarette and began to spark it.

"Why do you always smoke?" Panda asked.

"Because, at times like this, it relieves the stress." Gwen smiled yet Panda's frown remained. "Where are we meeting Effy?"

"We're not, Mr Stonem decided to drive her last minute." Panda explained.

"Oh." Gwen frowned.

✧.*

Students soon began to fill the lecture theatre and that's where the two sisters met Effy. The three took a seat in the stands as they began to catch up.

"Hello Effy!" Pandora excitedly greeted.

"Hello Panda." Effy replied. "Hello you." She giggled towards Gwen.

"I've missed you." Gwen smiled.

"I've missed you too, both of you." She grinned. Gwen was excited to see so many new faces and apparently so was Effy.