chapter twenty

Gwen sat in her kitchen on an early saturday morning. She was flicking through the newspaper whilst eating a bowl of frosties when she was interrupted by the sound of the door.

"It's Will!" Gwen yelled to Panda as she got up from her seat. Their mother had gone away to London for work for a few days which left the two inside alone. Making her way to the door, she smiled excitedly, opening it. "You're not Will."

"No." Thomas smiled sadly as he stood with his hands in his pockets awkwardly. "Is Panda in?"

"No." Gwen lied as she gritted her teeth. "And even if she was, don't think for a second I would let you near her."

"Gwen - I'm sorry but you have to understand-"

"I don't give a fuck about your shitty excuses." Gwen laughed sarcastically. "Now fuck off."

"Gwen I just-"

"It's okay." A soft voice was heard as Panda appeared behind Gwen.

"Panda you don't have to take jack-shit from him." Gwen retaliated.

"Gwen." She smiled. "It's fine."

Gwen rolled her eyes as she scowled at Thomas one last time before leaving the pair to it as she sat in her living room waiting for Will.

After about five minutes, Panda solemnly made her way into the living room as she plopped down next to her twin.

"So?" Gwen questioned. Panda took one look at her sister before she burst into tears. "Come here." Gwen sighed as she hugged Panda.

"He wanted to try again but I know we wouldn't work." Pandora sobbed into her sister. "He doesn't trust me, and so I don't trust him." Gwen said nothing as she smiled sympathetically, her pale hand softly stroking Pandora's hair.

There was another knock at the door, interrupting their sisterly moment. "That's Will." Gwen mentioned. "It's open!" She yelled. Will made his way into the living room, a big smile plastered across his face. In his hands held a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates.

"You alright Panda?" Will softly spoke as he came over to the sofa, holding out his gifts.

"Will - there was really no need." Pandora grinned as she wiped her tears.

"You guys have got to start falling for the right people." Will teased as he flopped down next to Gwen, putting his arm around her. "Hello." He smiled.

"Hey turd." Gwen chuckled.

"What's the plan for today?" Will questioned as he stretched out his legs, sinking into the cushions.

"Naomi and Emily said there was a party on later. I don't know if Panda wants to go though." Gwen admitted.

"No, it'll be good to get out of the house, been driving me insane." Pandora nodded happily.

"Panda, I can't guarantee Thomas won't be there."

"That's okay - I can't avoid him forever." Panda sighed.

"You ever watched the film Enchanted? Where the princess ends up getting with that guy with a kid when she's supposed to marry the prince? And the guy with the kid was supposed to marry that woman. And so when the princess and dad-guy got together the woman and prince decided to marry." Will explained as he used his hands.

"Why are you watching Enchanted?" Gwen taunted.

Will sighed. "You just don't know good films. Anyway. What I'm trying to explain is, you just need to show Thomas a good time. Let him do what he wants. You get to mingle with the crowd; let's say marry who you want." Will smirked, rubbing his palms together.

"Despite your poor attempts trying to relate Panda's life to a kids film. That's not a bad idea." Gwen nodded.

✧.*

The house was booming with music, with loud chatter dispersing onto the street. Flashing lights were seen from the windows as people danced the night away. Outside Panda, Gwen and Will stood hand in hand as they stared at the front door.

"Remember the plan?" Gwen asked.

"Do not get with Thomas." Panda nodded.

"And?" Will pushed.

"Show him what he's missing." Panda clarified.

"Exactly." Gwen smiled before moving to stand directly in front of Panda. "Let's go."

The trio finally entered the house, music pumping through their veins as the skatty beats played one after the other. Pandora headed straight for the alcohol, taking shots for confidence. Inside the motive, the group were seen scattered about, enjoying their nights separately.

"Hello darling." Cook greeted as he hugged Gwen from behind. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Cook." Gwen smiled as she gave him a sweet hug.

"You alright mate?" Cook chuckled as he too hugged Will. "Bit of a wild one hey?"

"Trust me." Will spoke just before a girl had bumped into him.

"I'm gonna dance, come on." Gwen giggled as she took Will's hand, the pair dancing together.

Will stood, moving to the beat as his eyes began to roll back. "I think I'm feeling it." He cackled excitedly as he let his head hang loose.

"You can say that again." Gwen smiled as she closed her eyes, her head facing the ceiling. The two began to whip out some horrendous dance moves as they laughed at one another. Pandora was nearby, dancing hecticly with a random as she kept glancing to see if Thomas was watching. As guessed she was correct as Thomas, JJ and Emily
stood discussing Panda's techniques. Naomi sat next to the DJ laughing away the night as Effy and Freddie were spotted kissing as they danced with one another.

✧.*

Everything seemed to be rolling smoothly, exactly how everyone had wanted it. That was until a choruses of yells were heard as the music stopped. There Cook was, beating up some guy on the floor as screams occured.

"Cook stop!" Emily had yelled as everyone watched Cook repeatedly hit this poor boy. Gwen in a haze looked up to catch eye contact with Freddie as he shook his head, taking Effy's hand as they left.

"Cook!" JJ bellowed as he tried to restrain the boy, only to receive the back of Cook's head in his face as he stumbled backwards.

"JJ!" Gwen shouted as she ran over to check the boy was okay. Will running towards Cook as he held him back.

"Who wants some then?" Cook spat towards the party as a punch was thrown his way, knocking him out cold.