chapter thirty one

It was a cloudy day, no different to any other day in Bristol. It was chilly, so much that the girls had wrapped up warm. A couple of days had passed since Effy had been in hospital. She had been admitted to a psychiatric hospital to sought some help. No one had seen her for a while apart from Anthea. So Naomi and Gwen had agreed to go down and visit the girl.

"Panda not coming?" Naomi questioned as Gwen had met her outside the hospital.

"She was supposed to but she was with Thomas all day, haven't seen her." Gwen shrugged.

"Well we can't keep the princess waiting." Naomi smiled as they made their way in.

"Effy Stonem." Gwen spoke to the front desk.

The woman greeted them with a grin as she typed a few things into her computer. "Ah yes." She nodded, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "She's outside in the gardens. Just follow the corridor down to the end."

"Thank you." Naomi spoke as the pair made their way out into the gardens. "Afternoon." Naomi smiled as she greeted Effy. Effy looked up from her daze, she was happy to see the pair. The duo had noticed she looked a lot better. The colour had come back in her face, the blood rushing to her cheeks.

"How's the real world?" Effy questioned.

"Fine." Naomi replied, taking a seat next to Effy. "Well I don't know actually, me and Emily. I mean I know we're together but sometimes I don't know if we're on top of the world or we're about to break up. It's weird. It's like... well it's almost... i don't know. Sometimes I feel like she can read my mind. I mean does -"

"Naomi." Gwen whispered as she shook her head.

"Sorry. I just tend to babble. But is that even normal?" Naomi asked.

"So you think you're going mad. So you came to see me, to see what a mad person looks like?" Effy taunted.

"No!" Naomi panicked. "No. No. Yes." Gwen smacked her forehead.

"Listen to me very carefully Naomi. You need to get a message to the Dog Lord of Azerbaijan. He's got my toilet ticket." Effy mocked. Naomi widened her eyes as Gwen let out a cackle.

"Come here you." Gwen chuckled as she squished herself between the two girls, tightly squeezing Effy.

"Oh God Ef, what are they giving you? Can I have some?" Naomi joked.

"This whole thing with that dead girl, Sofia, why don't you just pretend it never happened?" Effy suggested.

"But it did." Naomi sighed.

"Yeah, but if you tried to think like you didn't."

"Ef you can't change what happened." Gwen added.

"I wish you could." Naomi agreed. "But you just can't."

✧.*

Gwen sighed as she stood outside the same green door. She had to admit she'd been standing outside for a while. She took in a deep breath, her hand making it's way up to the door before she pulled away.

"Fuck." The girl muttered, turning away as she decided to go home.

"Gwen! What you doing here?" Karen asked as the door swung open.

"Well- I was just. You know in the neighbourhood. And I thought ha why not? For old times sake." Gwen stuttered, mentally face palming.

"Don't think Freds is in the mood to fuck." Karen revealed as Gwen shook her head.

"No! That's not what I meant." Gwen sighed. "I just want to see if he's alright."

"Be my guest, he won't talk to anyone." Karen shrugged. "I'm off to the shops." The girl spoke as she let Gwen in, shutting the door behind her. Gwen made her way upstairs, stopping outside the boy's door as she knocked.