chapter twenty two

Everyone had arrived at Naomi and Emily's BBQ, there was a little tension throughout the air between the couple, everyone noticing it. The whole Fitch family had lost their home, recently moving in with Emily and Naomi.

Effy, Gwen, Will and Freddie sat together in the sun as they shared a few spliff. Naomi was sitting a while away from the group, scowling, as JJ and Thomas lit the barbecue.

"What's everyone want? Sausages, burgers?" Thomas called over the music, a big smile plastered over his face. He seemed to be the only one who seemed happy these days, either that or he was bloody brilliant at hiding the pain.

"Gwen will take a sausage." Will taunted as she slapped him lightly.

"I'll have a burger with cheese." Freddie grinned as he took a toke of his zoot.

"Say no more." Thomas nodded.

"You alright?" Will whispered to Gwen as she nodded her head, the pair sharing a smile. "It's not too...?" He quietly suggested, subtly nodding to Freddie and Effy as Gwen shook her head.

Emily appeared, sliding open the glass doors as she took a seat next to Effy, off her face as she laughed loudly. "You got any pills?" She asked. Effy shook her head, skilfully clutching the bag of pills tighter in her palm. Emily pouted. "Gwen?"

"Nope."

"Fredstar?" Emily pestered as he shook his head. "Do I even bother asking Mr money man?" Will chuckled as he too shook his head. Emily sulked as she took the spliff out of Effy's hands, smoking it herself.

"Yes Emily, of course you can have some." Effy mocked.

✧.*

Everyone tensed at the chaotic mood of the redhead. She had taken a lot of substances, clearly to avoid the underlying tension between her and Naomi.

Emily had turned the music up; as if it wasn't loud enough already. She had a new cup of vodka in her hand as she began to dance with a few of her friends. The wind blew her hair in all types of directions as she raised her hands; not a care in the world.

Effy began to cringe at the sight as she pointed out Emily who began consciously swaying her hips, grinding on a girl, as her emotions got the best of her.

"Shit." Will mumbled. Emily had turned around, one hand behind the girls head, the other on her hips as she leant in; pulling the girl in by her neck as they began to snog in front of everyone.

"What the fuck are you doing Emily?" Naomi screeched across the garden. Her eyes watering at the scene in front of her. Emily paid no attention as she continued the kiss with a random girl. "Emily fucking stop this shit now!"

Emily finally spun around, smiling innocently as she ran and rugby tackled her girlfriend into their paddling pool. Emily let out a belting laughter as Naomi yelled in annoyance, clearly not impressed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Naomi stressed, looking as if she would break down and cry any minute. Naomi began to let her tears slip as Katie stepped outside.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Katie screeched as she ran over to her sister. "Look at yourself."

"Fuck you!" Emily spat as she stood up. Katie scrunched her nose, slapping her across the face.

"Shit." Will repeated as he widened his eyes.

"Katie!" Emily sobbed as she held her cheeks, Naomi walking pass them and inside as Katie followed.

"Naomi!" Katie called after her as Naomi ran upstairs. "Naomi!"

"What do you want?" Naomi yelled, turning around. "You hate me."

Katie sighed. "I don't hate you and I don't think that was fair of my sister."

"Well it's a bit late for that now." Naomi rolled her eyes as she walked into her bedroom, slamming the door. Katie sighed as she walked into the bathroom, running herself a bath to relax.

✧.*

Outside, everyone was back to normal as they started to chatter over the awkwardness. Thomas and JJ served everyone up as they all began to eat together.

"Well, I gathered we probably can't stay here much longer so who's down for a shed sesh?" Freddie offered as everyone agreed together with a chorus of mmh and ahhh, people too busy eating.

"Gwen." Will chuckled. "You got a little something there." He pointed to her upper lip as a bit of ketchup rested there.

"Where?" Gwen smiled as Freddie rolled his eyes.

"Right... no there." Will grinned as he leaned closer.

"If you want to kiss her just do it." Freddie sourly forced a laugh as the tension arose once more, Will standing up.

"I'm just going to use the toilet." He shared as he wiped his hands on his trousers making his way inside. He jogged up the stairs and headed straight for the bathroom as he shut the door and unzipped his jeans.

"Hello Will."

"Shit!" He screamed as he pulled his trousers back up, turning around to face Katie naked in the water. "Sorry." He closed his eyes, heading for the door, soon finding out it was locked from the outside. "Fuck." He whispered. "Hello!" He yelled, the music too loud for anyone outside to hear them.

"It's okay." Katie smiled. "You can sit." She pointed to the toilet seat. "How is everyone outside?"

"They're okay, still a bit of tension but it's good." Will awkwardly chuckled.

"Do you think I'm a bitch?" Katie suddenly asked as she looked to the water in her bath.

"No." Will honestly spoke as he looked at the girl, kneeling next to her. "I think you can be bitchy sometimes but no you're not a bitch. What you did for Naomi was hard, Emily's your sister."

"I suppose so." Katie sighed.

"Hey." Will tilted her head upwards so they could hold eye contact. Katie smiled thankfully before leaning in to kiss him. Will widened his eyes in shock before giving in and kissing her back, Katie giggled as she pulled him in the bath with her, Will shivering as he chuckled too.

"Thank you." Katie smiled. "I needed that."

"Will?" Gwen called from outside the bathroom.

"Um... one second." Will blushed as he panicked, Katie rather amused by the scene.

"You realise you can't shut this bathroom door properly, it locks from the outside." Gwen chuckled as she began to fumble with the lock.

Will jumped out of the bath just in time as Gwen opened the door, revealing a soggy Wilfred. "Why are you wet?" Gwen questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I um... fell." Will cringed at his attempt to lie.

"What? In the toilet?" Gwen mocked. "Who's in there?"

"No one." Will smiled, blocking her view.

"I am not no one!" Katie shouted from the bath as Gwen grinned cheekily.

"Katie." Gwen giggled as she nodded in approval, turning around and heading down the stairs.