chapter seven

"DOORBELL!" Panda yelled as the bell rang throughout the house.

"Pandora please!" Angela jumped at the voice of her daughter.

"Sorry mum." Panda smiled apologetically. She rushed to the door as it opened onto Effy and Katie.

"Happy birthday Panda!" Katie smiled as Effy copied the gesture.

"Gee whizzer! Friends mum - come look." Panda smiled as Angela greeted the girls.

"Effy." Angela smiled. "And who's the lovely red head?"

"Katie Fitch - nice to meet you." She smiled as she extended her hand.

"Well welcome in." Angela grinned as the two girls made their way inside. "We've got lots of fun activities set up."

"Like twister!" Panda beamed.

"Where's Gwen?" Effy questioned.

"Probably still in bed." Pandora chimed. "GWEN!" She yelled. "GWEN!"

"Pandora indoor voices!" Angela stressed as Pandora reddened. Just on queue Gwen walked in clearly stoned out of her mind as she smiled at the new comers.

"Morning." Gwen chuckled.

"Afternoon more like." Katie giggled.

"Happy birthday." Effy smiled as she embraced her friend. "I got you a little something." She whispered into her ear.

"Right ladies - let's bake brownies." Angela clapped her hands.

The five women began to bake brownies but not before Effy shared she had brought a bag of mandy to put inside the baked goods. Angela had instructed everyone to wash their hands before they all started.

"London's burning - London's burning." Angela began to sing as Panda smiled, Effy and Katie shared a confused look and Gwen began to sigh. "Call the engines - call the engines."

"Fire, fire, fire, fire." Panda joined in with a big smile. Angela nodded towards the rest of the girls to join in at a later time so they could sing in harmony together. They went along with it, Katie pretending to have fun so Effy could slip the drugs into the brownies, Panda and Angela completely oblivious to what was happening.

After the singing had died down, the brownies were placed within the oven and the door had been opened to two new comers.

"More friends Panda?" Angela questioned excitedly.

"Yes this is Naomi and Emily." Panda explained.

"Emily?" Angela asked confused. "But I thought..."

"That's the brilliant thing." Panda interrupted. "Emily and Katie are identical twins - not like me and Gwen."

"Wonderful." Angela smiled as she clasped her hands together.

Pandora invited everyone to her bedroom where she had handmade pyjamas, the garments spread across her bed for everyone. They were hideous in all truth and the girls were not keen on wearing them.

"Panda - what the fuck are these?" Katie spat as she dangled her pyjamas off her index finger.

"They're handmade pyjamas - me and mum made them." She shared.

Gwen saw the sadness in her sister's eyes as she smiled sympathetically. "Fuck it." She began to strip as she took off her top, placing her new clothes on top. Panda smiled at her sister as she too began to change. Soon Effy joined in, along with Katie and Emily.

"Gwen what are you doing? This is a little childish." Naomi complained as she whispered towards Gwen.

"Don't worry - Effy put mandy in the brownies - we won't give a fuck about what we're wearing in a few hours." Gwen explained as Naomi smiled, now happily changing.