chapter sixteen

This is not how Gwen planned her Sunday to be like, she was awoken with a call from Will, his voice full of panic as he yelled down the phone.

"I've been calling you all day! Where have you been?" He frantically spoke.

"I'm sorry, Cook and I got back early this morning I was just catching up on sleep." Gwen yawned.

"Never mind - you need to get down to the hospital now!" Will trembled.

"What? Will are you hurt?" Gwen panicked.

"Not me Katie."

"Katie?"

"Just hurry up - I'll explain it all when you get here." Will shared as he hung up the phone. Gwen's heart quickened as she looked at Cook laying topless next to her, she looked to her clock as it read three pm.

"Fuck." Gwen sighed. "Cook." She called as he groaned in response. "Cook." She pestered, taking the sheets off him.

"What?" He whined, opening his eyes.

"I need you to drive me to the hospital."

"What? Why?"

"Will called me - said Katie was there, we need to go now." Gwen commanded.

"Alright." Cook rubbed his face as he sat up. "Where's my..." Gwen threw Cook's shirt at his face as she began getting dressed herself. "Top."

✧.*

Cook and Gwen got ready, thankfully not running into Angela as she was at work, the hospital was only a ten minute drive and they safely got there. They agreed Cook should stay in the car as he wasn't everyone's favourite at the minute. Gwen ran inside as she asked for Katie Fitch at the desk, she was directed to a room where Emily stood. Will sat in a chair at the side of her bed as they waited Gwen's arrival.

"Finally." Will exhaled as he stood up.

"W-what happened?" Gwen mumbled as she looked at the state of her friend. There Katie was with a bandage around her head, unconscious as the monitor was the only thing heard.

"Effy the fucking bitch." Emily cried as Gwen raised her eyebrow.

"Come outside." Will told as he took Gwen's hand, leading them to the corridor.

"Will - what the fuck?" Gwen spoke as he hugged her sweetly.

"I'm glad you're okay." He smiled. "Effy apparently hit her round the head with a rock and just left her there till the morning. It wasn't until everyone stopped tripping we realised."

"But you weren't high and neither was Thomas." Gwen pointed out.

"After you left - things got a bit hectic - I dropped a pill for the first time and you know how that goes. Thomas also told Panda he knew about Cook and so they were busy arguing." Will explained. "It's all my fault - I shouldn't have taken anything - you told me to look after her."

"Will." Gwen comforted as she hugged him again. "It's not your fault, of course it's not - everyone there was high, you don't even know the poor girl that well. She wasn't your responsibility."

"I suppose so." Will hummed.

"Why did Effy hit her with a rock?" Gwen questioned.

"I don't know." Will shrugged. "No one's heard from her since the incident."

"Then how do you know it was Effy?"

"Before Katie passed out she said that she hit her."

"She was delirious how was she to know?' Gwen defended.