chapter twenty one

It had been a couple of days since Cook had battered the boy at the party. He had been taken down to the police station and held in a cell until his mother decided to bail him out. He was given a tag and a set of rules to follow. He had also been expelled from college, with no questions asked.

✧.*

"You're where?" Gwen questioned into the phone as she wandered through random streets, struggling to find her destination. "Oh shit. The big white house at the end of the road?" Gwen cackled in amazement as she stood outside the gates. "Yeah, open the door."

Gwen put down the phone as she stumbled towards the house in awe. Cook stood in the doorway, reluctantly smiling as he greeted the girl with a hug. "Nice house." Gwen winked, making her way inside.

"Just quickly get upstairs before my mum makes a comment." Cook sighed.

"Too late." A young woman smirked. "And who is this?" She nodded towards Gwen.

"Mum just-"

"Gwen." The girl smiled. "I was just saying you had a nice house."

"Cook you know how I feel about guests." The woman rolled her eyes as she rudely ignored Gwen's compliment.

"She's my mate." Cook stated bluntly.

"Oh whatever." Cook's mum smiled as she brought a bottle of wine to her lips. "Just make sure to keep it down." She sang walking off, Cook signalling for Gwen to head upstairs. Cook showed her to his room, opening the door to reveal a young boy sprawled across his bed; reading a magazine.

"Paddy." Cook grinned. "What have I told you about taking my porn stash hey?"

"She's got fat jugs!" The boy childishly gasped as he held the magazine up, Cook shaking his head.

"You gotta leave." Cook grinned.

"But I haven't even got to the best bits." Paddy groaned as he noticed Gwen by the door. "Is that your girlfriend?"

Cook shook his head once more before whispering, "not yet."

Gwen playfully shoved Cook as she rolled her eyes. "I'm Gwen, his friend." She stated, holding out her hand.

"Paddy." The lad greeted as he shook her hand.

"Listen, I'll let you keep that if you leave." Cook bargained as the young boy smirked.

"See ya!" Paddy answered as he left the room, Cook chuckling behind him.

Gwen flopped across the king sized bed as she looked around, admiring the room; especially fond of his fish tank. "I didn't even know you had a brother. Or this lifestyle."

"Well my mum kicked me out when I was young, she never liked me." Cook sighed as he lay next to Gwen, sparking a spliff. "I don't know why she bailed me out either."

"Maybe she loves you after all." Gwen shrugged.

"Not likely. I'm a loser. A loser who just got expelled from college." Cook sighed. Gwen thought back to the day before when Cook was removed off the premises.

"Yeah - they're dicks for that."

"And now I'm stuck here with someone that hates everything that stands for me." Cook chuckled, passing the spliff to Gwen.

"You have me." Gwen smiled positively.

"Sometimes I feel like you're all I have left."

"Better that than lots of friends who are pricks."