chapter thirty two

"About time you passed your test!" Cook cackled as Gwen pulled up outside Naomi's hopping out of her car. "How many minors?"

"Three." Gwen revealed, hugging Cook as he kissed her sweetly.

"Three more than me." He teased.

"Gwen!" Naomi called from the inside. "Do you want dinner?"

"Yeah she does!" Cook replied, inviting Gwen in as he shut the door behind them.

✧.*

"What constellation is that?" Cook questioned curiously. He lay within the grass, Gwen beside him as he pointed to the moonlit sky.

"I'm not too sure. All I know is the end of big dipper points to the north star." Gwen shrugged.

"You've told me that a million times." Cook taunted as he poked her side.

"And you've asked me a million questions." Gwen chuckled as Cook leaned up on his elbow, facing Gwen.

"Freddie told me you went to see him the other day. Why didn't you tell me?" Cook asked as he played with her necklace.

"Didn't think it was a big deal."

"It is but for another reason." Cook expressed. "I trust you."

"That's nice to know." Gwen chuckled.

"I'm serious." Cook pushed. "How'd you feel?"

"I feel good." Gwen answered honestly. "I saw Ef earlier today. She's good with Freddie again."

"Good." Cook nodded as he leant in, pecking Gwen's lips.

"Room for one more?" A voice spoke as Naomi revealed herself. They were only sat outside on a little green opposite Naomi's house so they knew it wouldn't be long until she found them.

"Always." Gwen grinned. Naomi sat next to Cook, pulling out a spliff as she lit it. The two girls snuggled into Cook's side as he rubbed up and down their arms.

"My two favourite women in the world. My best friend and girlfriend." Cook commented as he closed his eyes.

"Girlfriend?" Gwen scoffed. "I don't recall anyone asking me."

"I was talking about Naomes." Cook mocked as Gwen hit him lightly. "I'm joking. Well you know what I meant."

"Wouldn't be against being someone's girlfriend." Gwen mumbled.

"Oh fucking hell." Cook sighed as he sat up getting to one knee. "Guinevere Moon, will you do me, a scummy, dodgy, wanker of a boy, the favours of being my girlfriend?" Cook taunted as Gwen began to reddened and Naomi laughed.

"Yeah." Gwen cackled as Naomi clapped, the pair indulging in a kiss before returning back to their original positions.

"Do you remember on one of the first nights where we all sat outside Gwen's house." Naomi laughed.

"Where it all started." Gwen nodded. "How could I forget?"

"I hated you Cook no offence." Naomi cackled.

"Think I hated myself." Cook whispered. Naomi handed the spliff to Cook as he took it appreciatively.

✧.*

The three entered Naomi's house after a couple of hours. Gwen agreeing to stay the night as she hopped into Cook's bed. Rummaging through his drawers he threw her a top to wear.

"Cook. What are you going to do? As in after college?" Gwen sighed, getting under the covers as she watched Cook change. She'd given up trying to spy him subtly, he was hers, what difference did it make?

"What do you mean?" He chuckled, reaching for the bottom of his shirt, taking off his top as it caught on his chain.

"You're on the run. I'm literally dating a criminal."

"That's the exciting bit." He smiled getting into bed, throwing an arm around his girlfriend. That felt good. Girlfriend. Yep, he liked that.

"I'm serious. I don't want to not see you." Gwen grumbled.

"It'll be okay. I'll figure it out." Cook shrugged, wanting to avoid the topic. "Anyways, what's your plan after college?"

"Probably get a job round here and stay with you." Gwen shyly replied.

Cook furrowed his eyebrows. "Don't you want to go to uni or something?"

Gwen shrugged. "Doesn't really matter." Cook scoffed loudly. "What?"

"Just seems a bit like a waste." The boy shared.

"Yes but-" Gwen was cut short as her phone began to ring. Sighing once more she picked it up, holding the device to her ear. "Effy?" Gwen smiled. "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm better." Ef grinned through the phone. "I'm out."

Gwen giggled. "No way! I'll come and see you tomorrow."

"Good." Effy nodded. "I love you."

"Love you too." Gwen spoke softly, putting the phone down.

"Is she alright?" Cook questioned as he begun to roll a spliff.

"Yeah - I think so."

"Well Guinevere. Seems like things are starting to go your way." Cook chuckled.

Gwen looked up at her boyfriend. "Yeah, they are."

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Cook asked.

"Looking like what?" Gwen blushed.

"All googily-eyed. Does someone want to have sex?" The boy taunted.

"No. Well I mean that's not what I was thinking, there's always time for sex." She crassly spoke, Cook chuckling.

Reluctantly ignoring her comment he asked, "then what were you thinking Gwen?" He smiled, stroking her hair.

Gwen knew it was way too early to say the three words she was feeling. But it wasn't invalid. They clicked, like she did with no one else. So instead, biting the inside or her cheek she smiled, leaning into kiss him. Cook smirked cheekily, placing one hand on her waist, the other in her hair as both her hands rested around his shoulders.