the end <3

Summer had officially come to an end. There was a slight thump in Gwen's chest as she sadly dragged her suitcase to the bottom of the stairs. Angela stood happily, arms out wide as she embraced Gwen. The door was slightly ajar, Gwen not sure if she was shuddering at the gust of wind or the goodbye to her mother.

"I'm so proud of you Guinevere." Angela nodded as she let go of her daughter. "You've grown up to be such an independent woman." Angela let out a chuckle of delight, her eyes beginning to water as she tried her best not to show it.

"Thanks mum." Gwen grinned.

"You're going to be okay?" Angela asked for what felt like the millionth time.

"Yes mum." Gwen giggled.

"And you've got everything?" Angela quizzed, Gwen humming in response. A loud huff had interrupted the pair, both heads tilting towards the stairs where Pandora stood at the top. She had her arms crossed, scowl across her face as steady breaths left her lips.

"Do you really have to go?" Panda mumbled childishly, slowly making her way over to them.

Gwen smiled. "You won't even notice I'm gone. Besides, Effy's still here."

"It's not the same." Panda shared, now face to face with her twin. "I'm really going to miss you." Panda suddenly expressed, tightly gripping onto her sister's waist. A pang of guilt and regret flashed upon Gwen's face as she returned the gesture, securely hugging her sister back.

"I'm going to miss you too." Gwen sighed.

Panda took in a deep breath before bringing her face back into the light. Her nose and cheeks were flushed red as she wiped away any escaping tears. "Have fun in London."

"You'll come visit won't you?" Gwen asked.

"Yeah." Panda chimed.

The sound of a car horn made the trio jump as Will sat on the driveway. Hopping out of the car, he followed it round to the back where he opened the boot. "Your Majesty." Will taunted, Gwen playfully rolling her eyes as she began to bring her bags to the car, Will placing them in the boot. 

After a couple of runs the car was packed, Angela and Panda stood by the door as they said their last goodbyes.

"If you need anything, be sure to let me know." Angela instructed, kissing Gwen's head. "And you, look after her for me." Angela spoke to Will, the boy nodding his head without hesitation.

"I love you guys." Panda sobbed, throwing her arms around the pair. "Take care of each other."

"We love you too." Will and Gwen spoke simultaneously. Drawing back, they headed towards the car, getting inside and buckling up.

"You know." Will began, reversing the car as the pair waved goodbye to Gwen's family. "I'm happy to start this journey with you, I don't think I've ever had a friend like you."

"Will." Gwen chuckled. "I wouldn't even be here without you. I've never had a friend like you."

"Yeah, you did get lucky with someone like me." Will batted his eyelids playfully.

"Wanker." Gwen muttered. 

And as the two teenagers drove away, the excitement within them rose. Gwen had leant her head against the window, the cold glass felt soothing against her hot skin. She had left her memories in Bristol, only bringing Will as a reminder. It was nice to get away from all the terror, to just have a break from whatever life had thrown at them. It was time for a bit more freedom, time for change. No more gangsters, prison, psych wards, death...

Gwen never did quite get over her conversation with Cook. Something within them had changed ever since they found out the news of Freddie's disappearance. After a sad and long-winded discussion, the pair had decided to split. One another being a reminder of darker times. They were meant to be but not to last. So Gwen embarked on her journey to London and Cook... well we all know where fate left him. She never had the chance to tell Will what had happened either, she thought the timing hadn't been right yet.

There's something so strong within the bond of two best friends. A bond that is indescribable. Effy and Gwen had that connection and no matter what happened the love will always be there, which is the very reason Gwen forgave Effy. Their last moments in Effy's bedroom, the pair avoiding the topic of Freddie as the tension was awkward. Effy hadn't been the same since the ward. Everyone could see it. Talking to Effy became a chore. They left each other with a hug but nothing more.

Bristol had become a distant thought and it seemed about the right time to be moving away. Everything she cared about seemed to have its toll, and she began to feel herself submerge into the next chapter.

"Do you think you and Katie are going to work?" Gwen suddenly asked, the thoughts of Cook running wild in her mind.

"Well, I'd like to think so." Will shrugged, checking his mirrors as he switched lanes. He subtly looked at Gwen as he raised an eyebrow. "Do you think you and Cook are going to last?"

Gwen smiled slightly. "I don't know."

"You don't know? Did you guys have an argument?" Will questioned.

"No." Gwen shook her head.

"Then what? Do you fancy me or something?" Will wriggled his eyebrows.

"No." Gwen chuckled. "Just a question."

Will sighed. "Well Guinevere, life is full of what if's so there is no point on dwelling on them or you could be here for years. If it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't." Gwen nodded her head in response. "There something you want to tell me?"

Gwen grinned at her best friend. "Yeah. Thank you." She mumbled. "For everything."