chapter thirty

Exam week. Always a tough one. Panda and Gwen had woken up nervously as Angela had kindly set up a big breakfast for them.

"Morning my lovelies, ready for today?" Angela questioned, her hands in the sink as she washed a few stray dishes.

Pandora smiled sweetly as she sat at the table, digging into some pancakes. "Ready as I'll ever be." She shrugged.

"Guinevere?"

"Yeah." She nodded, her too taking a seat as she poured herself some orange juice.

"Well I will be here when you both get back." Angela shared. "I know times are hard with Effy away but all I can ask as a mother is that you try your best."

"Thank mum." Gwen sadly mumbled. Effy was missing her exams this year, being fucked up didn't exactly help your case.

Gwen and Panda finished up in no time, the nerves being eaten away. They were out the house before they knew it; bags on their shoulders as they made their way to college. The bus ride was short and the gates stood tall and open.

Gwen's palms began to get clammy, the picture of being outside the college was, nerving the twins once more. "Good luck today." Gwen managed to spill.

"Yeah, you too Gwen." Panda nodded as she began walking away. Gwen stood a while longer outside the gates, watching Panda as she let out a deep breath.

"You alright?" Freddie asked as he stood next to her. Gwen jumped as she blinked wildly. "It's only me." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm alright - you?"

"Can only do what I can." He shrugged. Gwen bit the inside of her cheek. Something she had tended to do when nervous. "It'll be alright." Freddie assured, noticing her shiftiness as he extended his hand for Gwen to take. Gwen quietly scoffed as she looked up to Freddie with his pleading eyes. She rolled hers before tauntingly scooping up his hand, the pair walking into college together as they sat their exams.

✧.*

Gwen entered her house eagerly, the smell of cooked chicken wafting through the air as she heard the sound of... a male laughter. Furrowing her eyebrows she quickly made her way into the kitchen. Her mother swiping the air with a light chuckle from a joke Will had told. Gwen's jaw hung wide open, the fear of her mum bursting any minute.

"Ah! Guinevere!" Angela giggled. "You never told me about Will!" She playfully scolded as she extended her arms.

Gwen absentmindedly embraced her mother without taking her eyes off Will. "Will - what are you doing here?" She gritted her teeth, narrowing her eyes.

"Well - I came to congratulate you on taking your exams." He smiled cheerily, shrugging apologetically as Angela spun around to tend to her food.

"How were your exams?" Her mum questioned.

"Alright." Gwen nodded, taking a seat next to Will.

"Will - here tells me he's at St Mary's. Very smart boy." Angela winked. "It's a shame he has a girlfriend." She laughed aloud.

Gwen gagged as she stood back up. "Me and Will are gonna head upstairs."

"Okay honey - remember to keep the door open!" She chimed as Gwen shook her head, taking Will's hand as she led him upstairs to her bedroom.

She tossed him inside her bedroom, completely ignoring her mother as she shut the door. "What the fuck?" She questioned.

"I know I'm sorry. I came to check up on you forgetting your mum came back." Will explained as he sat on her bed.

"She must really like you, I didn't think I'd ever see her in a room with another male." Gwen scoffed, her body automatically moving next to the boy.

"Yeah. Well I am a charmer." Will smirked as Gwen whacked him across the chest. "I'm joking jeez."He flinched. "I bought this for you." Will grinned, pulling out an envelope.

"Thanks." Gwen chuckled as she took it from his hands, immediately starting to smell a familiar scent. Opening it up, she found a bright white card that read 'well done'. Inside the card was a draw as she cackled once more. "Will, did you not do your exams as well?" She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Yeah but I'm not going through a rough patch."

"Thank you." She smiled sweetly. "Want a spliff?"

"Is that even a question?"

"Gwen! Panda! Will! Dinner!" Angela interrupted as Gwen and Will sighed.

✧.*

"Thank you for letting me stay Miss Moon." Will kindly spoke as he held out his hand.

"No worries, you were no trouble. But please call me Angela." She smiled, embracing him tightly as her arms wrapped around his frame, Will chuckling. Gwen rolled her eyes as she watched her friend suck up to her mum. "You'll have to come around again some time soon, tell me more about that lawyer apprenticeship." She nodded.

"Ah I will do! See you soon." Will grinned as Gwen walked him to the door.

"Lawyer apprenticeship?" Gwen asked, her voice just above a whisper.

Will scratched the back of his head. "Yeah. I got a placement in London, your mum asked about what I was doing after college." He answered honestly.

"You have a lawyer apprenticeship in London and you didn't tell me?" Gwen grumbled.

"It didn't come up." Will shrugged. "Besides you had a lot more going on."

"Will." Gwen gasped as she hugged him. "Well done. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you Gwen." Will beamed, returning the hug as his arms rested on her shoulders.

"But next time be sure to tell me before you tell my mum." Gwen joked. "Seriously I don't know how you did that back there."

"Natural charmer." Will winked once more. "I'll see you later." He waved as he got into his car.