chapter twenty six

Gwen woke up as she studied her surroundings. She felt a firm grasp around her waist as Cook lightly snored. She spun around admiring his face, something about him sleeping was very peaceful. The way his lips were slightly parted and his hair a mess. It was very sweet. Gwen shook these thought from her head. What was she doing? They were just friends. She sighed silently as she sat up, reaching for her water as she took a sip.

There was a slight knock on her door before Pandora stood in the doorway.

"Ooh sorry Gwen!" Panda smirked. "Who's the lucky guy?"

Gwen chuckled before opening the covers to reveal Cook as Pandora gasped. "He didn't get lucky. He escaped." Gwen shared.

"Gwen! He can't stay here." Pandora whispered angrily. "He'll get us in to trouble."

"I can't just leave him, he's my... friend." Gwen concluded. There was a slight moan that left Cook's lips before he woke up, sitting up slightly.

"Hello Panda-pops." He tiredly smirked, cheekily wrapping an arm back around Gwen, her blush going unnoticed.

"Hi Cook." Panda grumbled.

"What's with the long face?" He chortled as Panda rolled her eyes.

"Gwen - I was thinking. Mum is due back in a couple of days right?" Pandora suggested, ignoring the boys question.

"Yes."

"And so we shouldn't waste them?" Panda implied.

Gwen nodded, twin intuition shining. "So we should throw a party?" She grinned.

"Or just our friends." Panda shrugged.

"I like the way you think." Gwen nodded her head.

✧.*

Panda had insisted on providing snacks as Gwen went all out on alcohol and bud.

"Where is everyone?" Panda excitedly pounced as she pried at the curtains, peeping out at the main road.

"They'll be here Panda." Gwen smiled. "In the meantime." Gwen sauntered over to the stereo speakers as she played some old garage tunes. "Come on, I know you want to." Gwen spun around as she yelled over the music, Panda grinned as she joined her sister in dancing. Gwen was not surprisingly already drunk as she held Panda's hand, the pair making stupid faces as they danced to the beat.

"Interesting." Cook spoke as he leaned against the door frame, containing his laughter as he began to join the pair, spinning them both round.

✧.*

The door bell was heard not long after as Naomi and Emily made themselves present, Emily walking straight in, dropping her bag as she joined in. The sound of the door was heard again, Gwen excusing herself to open the door. There Thomas stood, sadly as he smiled up at the girl.

"Thomas." Gwen greeted as she moved aside letting him in.

"Are you sure this is a good idea. She hates me." Thomas mewled.

"She loves you Thomas. But if you fuck this up again I will cut off your balls." Gwen threatened as Thomas let off a smile. She took his hand, leading him into the living room as Panda stopped in her tracks.

"Thomas? Gwen?" She questioned.

"I think Thomas has something to say to you." Gwen prodded.

Thomas slowly made his way over to Panda, looking from the floor to her eyes. "Pandora. I am really sorry. I love you and I always will. I want this to work because I know it can. Just no more lies."