chapter five

"What about Effy?" Pandora asked as she and her sister left the house for college.

"She'll meet us there." Gwen smiled as she locked the house door. Panda nodded as she trailed behind her sister, humming a soft tune as Gwen pulled out her phone.

From Freds
Idc how bad the comedown is, I better b seeing u in philosophy x

Gwen chuckled to herself as she slipped it back into her pocket, making her way around the corner as the bus stop came into view.

"Morning wankers." Effy grinned as she offered a cigarette to Gwen. They sat down at the bus stop waiting for their transportation.

"Glad you got back safe last night." Gwen nodded.

"Yeah, Cook walked me home."

"I think he did a bit more than walk you home." Gwen gasped as she inspected the hickeys on Effy's neck. "Fuck me." Effy said nothing as she chuckled. "Panda, take a look at this." Gwen commanded as she didn't look away from Effy. "Panda?" She turned around to see her staring at a young black boy upon the bench.

"You've got a whacker load of doughnuts." Pandora chimed as she smiled at the new comer.

"Yeah." He grinned as he held the bag of doughnuts on his lap. "Of course I have too many, here take some." He offered.

"Cheers. Ta." Panda excitedly thanked as she dug in. The boy held out the bag towards Gwen as she took one thankfully and Effy declined. "Effy doesn't do doughnuts, she does drugs."

"Oh I see." The boy chuckled.

"She just bought some skunk, didn't you Ef?" Panda shared aloud as she took the zoot off Effy, puffing it herself.

"Panda maybe-" Gwen started.

"We do skunk all the time, it makes you go a little crazy, have you ever tried?" Panda babbled as the boy shook his head. He looked towards Gwen and Effy.

"Hi - I'm Thomas nice to meet you." He introduced as he held out his hand. Gwen shook it kindly, Effy slowly following.

"Maybe that wasn't a good idea." Panda mumbled as she puked on the floor.

"Panda." Gwen cringed as the Pandora laid hunched over her knees, monging out. "I can't take her home, mums in."

"Come on then." Effy rolled her eyes as both girls tried to carry Panda with struggle.

"Here." Thomas spoke. "Let me help you." He offered as he picked up Panda with ease, following the girls to Effy's house.

✧.*

"Come on, bring her up here." Effy instructed as Thomas carried her upstairs, laying the girl on Effy's bed.

"Incroyable." Thomas mumbled as he looked around the house in awe.

"What?" Effy questioned.

"French?" Gwen pointed out. "He thinks your house is incredible."

Effy chuckled as she looked back at the boy. "Thanks."

There was a moment of silence where there was a series of moans and grunts. Gwen glanced at Effy, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Mum?" Effy questioned as she walked towards her parent's bedroom door. She reluctantly pushed it open to reveal her mum and another man half naked.

"Effy what are you doing back?" Her mum smiled as she tried her best to cover up. "This is Steve." The man smiled awkwardly; holding out his hand as he was left hanging. "We were just urm, we were just, he was just helping me with my project." Mrs Stonem stuttered.