chapter eighteen

It had been a couple of months since the whole incident at the campsite and a lot had happened. Freddie and Effy were sort of together, Panda and Thomas had spoken about Cook and somehow gotten over it and Gwen and Cook were tighter than ever. They even visited Cook's father together; as it turns out that man was a top notch wanker. Gwen had had a few run ins with Effy and Freddie, they weren't completely friends; more aquantainces as they were in the same group. The summer was coming to an end and it was time to finish their last year of college. As a sort of goodbye to the summer, Thomas had arranged a big party in his club, he invited almost the whole year practically, as well as sticking posters around their local town for strangers.

The vibe was great, booming music, flashing lights and... drugs. Thomas was on the decks, remixing music as Pandora stood behind him, hugging him as they shared their fun together. Katie, JJ and Will were on the balcony, dancing the night away, Will now an experienced user of pills as he tried to keep his jaw from spinning. Cook and Gwen stood smack bang in the middle of the dance floor, Cook grabbing onto her hips as they swayed and twirled to the music. Effy and Freddie were sat down on the sofas, eating each others faces off per usual, Effy sat upon his lap as his hands roamed her body, the two too busy for any music. Emily and Naomi, couldn't be found, they decided to spend the night locked up in a cubicle, doing a lot worse than Effy and Freddie.

"I'm just gonna take this call." Cook grinned as he yelled into Gwen's ear, the girl too fucked to speak just raised her thumbs up. Gwen danced alone, not a care in the world before another guy took Cook's place, holding her hips as she spun around.

"Hey." He smirked, Gwen too high and drunk to know he was taking advantage of her. He gripped her chin harshly as he pressed his lips against her, Gwen barely able to keep her eyes open. From across the club Freddie and Effy were conversing as Freddie caught a glimpse of his ex-girlfriend. He instantly stop engaging in what Effy was talking about before he stood up, Effy watching his eye line.

"I think she's okay Freds." Effy shrugged as she squinted her eyes, trying to get a better look.

"That's not like Gwen." Freddie reminded.

"It is when she's fucked."

The scene continued to unfold as the guy was practically dry humping Gwen on the dance floor, Freddie was ready to pounce but a petite, blonde girl made her way between Gwen and the man. Freddie and Effy couldn't quite catch onto the conversation but she seemed angry.

"Who is that?" Freddie questioned.

"I don't know but she doesn't seem happy, maybe it's the guys girlfriend?" Effy suggested, her too now standing up to get a better view. Before anymore was said, Gwen was slapped across the face by the blonde, sober Gwen would have beat the shit out of her but Gwen's swings continuously missed the girl. Effy and Freddie ran up to Gwen, Freddie clubbing the guy repeatedly as Effy shoved the blonde onto the floor.

"Effy?" Gwen mumbled, holding her head as her vision became blurred. It didn't take long before Gwen collapsed, the darkness closing in around her before she shut her eyes.

✧.*

"You're alright." Will sighed gratefully as he handed her a bottle of water, Gwen's head pounding. Fluttering her eyes open she found herself on a sofa, the bright lights shining upon her.

"I almost died myself!" Pandora panicked as she embraced her sister. Gwen said nothing as she looked at everyone, her memory coming back as Freddie and Effy stood awkwardly in front of her.

"You?" Gwen finally spoke, looking to Effy. "And you?" She pointed to Freddie.

"We saw what happened, I had to help you." Effy revealed.

Gwen scoffed rudely. "And I'm supposed to thank you?"

"Gwen." Pandora warned.

"What? It doesn't change anything." Gwen conceded. "You still fucked my boyfriend and you still fucked my best friend." Gwen rose her voice. "Where's Cook?"

"That's the thing. While you were passed out a girl died." Pandora shared sadly.

"What?'

"Thomas is upstairs talking to the police now, but the girl was given drugs, the same ones that made you pass out." Pandora confirmed.

"But that doesn't make sense, I was given the drugs by..."

"Cook." Panda nodded sadly. "I know."

"Cook?" Gwen furrowed her eyebrows. "I wasn't given them by Cook."

"You don't have to protect him, we all know." Panda blubbered. Gwen decided to keep the information she knew to herself as she bit the inside of her cheek.

"Where's Naomi?" Gwen questioned.

"She went home with Emily, said she didn't feel well." Katie spoke up.

Gwen stood up, her legs wobbling as she did so. "I'm walking home."

"Woah. No you're not, I'll book you a cab." Will interjected as he grabbed hold of Gwen.

"I'm fine." Gwen sighed.

Freddie shook his head. "Gwen maybe you should-"

"I said I'm fine!" Gwen snapped as she pushed her way through the group, everyone staring after her solemnly.