chapter twelve

It had been a while since Cook had won the election at college. Cook and Freddie weren't on the best terms, Freddie felt as if Cook was constantly acting like a little kid, he was too tired of protecting him. He never could understand what Cook wanted, he could never understand the boy himself.

Today Gwen was sat in JJ's room, finishing the last of their project; tying up the loose ends. There wasn't much to do as Will had helped them with most of it.

"JJ - are you coming to Thomas' club tonight?" Gwen questioned as she lay across his floor, legs swinging in the air.

"Yeah - I should be." He smiled. "Are you?"

Before Gwen could answer there was a rhythmic knock at the door before it was opened by Cook. "Hello people." He greeted, making himself at home as he headed straight for the bed, stretching his body.

"Hello Cook." JJ spoke.

"Hey." Gwen grinned.

"What's the plan for today?" Cook asked.

"Well me and Guinevere just finished our project - probably head off to get something to eat." JJ shrugged.

"Ooh - I'm down for the chippie." Cook confirmed, JJ and Gwen agreeing as they packed up their things, heading towards the fish and chip shop.

✧.*

Once ordering their food they sat by the sea, enjoying the scenery. "What do you thinks out there?" Cook quizzed as he popped a chip in his mouth.

"What? The sea?" Gwen laughed.

"Beyond that." Cook expressed.

"Well, sea creatures and besides that little molecules of-" JJ began.

"No - not a scientific explanation JJ." Cook sighed. "I wish I had a boat."

"I think I'd feel sea sick." JJ shared.

"My dad has a boat." Cook smiled as he took out a cigarette. "With an engine and everything." His voice muffled as he lit his fag.

"Your dad?" JJ gulped. "I thought you didn't speak to him."

"I don't - not really."

The trio settled for silence, taking in the scenery around them. The blue sea glistened in the sunlight, the waves crashing together. Above circled the seagulls as they squarked at one another, Cook laughing as he threw his chips, watching them claw each other for the taste of a battered potato. But soon enough, the three began their walk back to JJ's, preparing for the night ahead of them.

✧.*

Gwen and Effy entered Thomas' club together, and rather early as they awaited everyone else's arrival. The club was already getting hot, people stripping down to the bare minimum as they danced the night away.

"GWEN! EFFY!" The girls turned around, almost missing the yells as they drowned in the music. There Emily stood dancing, obviously wasted as she smiled at the two, grinding on Gwen. Gwen cackled, her too already wasted as they danced together, Effy holding back her grin.

"Gwen." Freddie whispered into his girl's ear, making himself apparent as Gwen smiled, kissing him instantly.

"Let's dance!" Gwen chuckled, downing her bottle of vodka as Freddie smirked.

"How much have you had?" He shouted over the music.

"She's dropped three pills." Effy shared, hugging Freddie as they greeted one another.