chapter nineteen

"This is fucked up." Emily expressed. "I didn't even know the girl - why are they treating us like criminals?"

"Because she's dead - and we were there." JJ explained. The whole group sat within the assembly hall or their school, as students were being interrogated one by one about the incident.

"It's not our fault she decided to kill herself - right Naomi?" Emily questioned as she looked to her girlfriend. "Naomi?"

Naomi sat biting her nails as she flinched at Emily tapping her leg. "Yeah... proper fucked up."

Cook was sat next to Gwen as he and Thomas shared a glance, Cook stood up, walking out of the gym as he ignored Gwen's calls of his name.

"Cook we gotta wait here." Freddie mentioned.

"I've gotta slash don't I?" He smiled before completely walking out.

Thomas kissed his teeth as he shook his head. "No." He mumbled before standing up to follow Cook.

"Thomas." Gwen shook her head. "No." She commanded as she sat him back down before following Cook.

✧.*

She found him walking out of a cubicle as he hesitated at her presence before washing his hands.

"What are you doing?" Gwen faintly spoke.

"You know this is actually a boys toilet."

"I know who gave the girl those drugs." Gwen blurted.

Cook slightly paused before mumbling a quiet,
"cool."

"I know it wasn't you." Gwen mumbled.

"Great." Cook nodded as he slid past her, beginning to walk out.

"It was Naomi."

Cook quickly spun around, marching up towards her as he brought out his hand, covering her mouth, forcefully backing her onto the wall. "You don't know anything." He spat. She dropped her belongings in the process, her head slightly banging the wall.

"I do." Gwen muffled as she gently removed his hand. "She sold them to me."

"To you?" Cook whispered, his hard features melting.

"Yeah."

"And what the fuck were you doing taking them?" He switched, angrily yelling.

"Cook what the fuck are you on about? We take drugs all the time!" Gwen shouted as she tried to push him back, failing miserably.

"You can't run away from your problems by taking drugs all the fucking time." Cook bellowed lowly.

"Fuck you." Gwen grimaced.

"Cook!" Freddie yelled as he ran into the toilets, swinging the door open as he watched Cook hold Gwen against the wall. "Hey! What's going on here?" Freddie frantically spoke as he ran up to them, Cook letting go. Gwen snarled at them both as she picked up her bag, walking out. "Gwen?" Freddie called as she ignored him. "What the fuck was that about?" He turned his attention back to Cook.

"Nothing, fuck off." Cook taunted as Freddie sighed.

"Come on - coppers called your name."

✧.*

The bell had rang, signalling the end of the day as Gwen huffed, shoving her books into her locker. With a slam she shut her metallic cabinet as Cook stood behind it, frightening Gwen.

"Cook!" She yelled holding her heart.

"Gwen look I'm sorry but we need to talk." He stressed.