chapter nine

"Can you come over?" Freddie desperately sighed during the early hours of the morning over the phone as Gwen agreed. She slipped on her shoes, heading downstairs.

"And where are you off to Guinevere?" Angela questioned as she stood by the kitchen door frame, eyeing up her daughter.

"Just to Effy's." Gwen lied. Angela had been very strict since the whole party fiasco, not that she could remember what had happened or if there was even a party in the first place but the lies her daughters told didn't seem to sit right with her.

"I hope you're telling the truth because I'm beginning to think your disappearances are something to do with a boy and I really hope that is not the truth." Angela raised an eyebrow, sipping on her coffee.

"Whatever mum." Gwen grumped as she walked outside without another question. She took the bus to Freddie's, not exactly in the mood for walking. She hopped off, lighting a cigarette as she walked from the bus stop to Freddie's house. She had never been to his hosue before, only heard rumours of his famous back shed. She knocked lightly on the door, an older girl opening it as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Do I know you?" She spoke, Gwen shaking her head.

"I'm here to see Freddie." Gwen replied.

"Oh." She faked a smile. "Karen nice to meet you." She held out her hand as Gwen shook it slowly. "What made you so interested in my wanker of a brother?" Karen questioned, Gwen feeling slightly uncomfortable as she shrugged.

"Well I don't think he's a wanker." Gwen struggled to find words.

"Well I do - catch this, he-" Karen began.

"Karen who's at the door?" Freddie called, as he made himself present, relief filling Gwen as she didn't have to carry on this awkward conversation. "What are you doing?" Freddie angrily stressed to his sister as he took Gwen's wrist, pulling her inside as he led her to his room, sticking his middle finger up at his sister. "I'm so sorry about her." Freddie sighed once they were inside his room.

"It's okay." Gwen giggled as Freddie smiled.

"Thanks for coming." He grinned as he embraced her in a hug.

"No problem." Gwen nodded as she sat back on Freddie's bed, admiring his room. "You skate?" She noticed the big boards up on Freddie's wall.

"You know this - I skated into college the day I met you." He chuckled as he opened his desk draw.

"I never seemed to notice." Gwen spoke softly as Freddie turned back around, spliff in his hand as he sat next to Gwen. "What happened Freddie? Why did you want me to come over?"

Freddie sighed as he lit his spliff, the fumes intoxicating the room. "It's Karen and my dad." Gwen waited for him to go on. "Well - Karen's doing this tv show and the directors came into our house to get some behind the scenes." He stopped to inhale. "And they wanted me to use my mum's death so she could get sympathy votes." Freddie shared sadly as he looked to the ground.

Gwen took this all in, nodding her head. She never knew his mother had died and the fact he had admitted it to her showed he cared. "I'm sorry Freddie." Gwen empathetically smiled at him. "I never knew your mum passed."

"It was a while back now." Freddie shrugged as he laid back on his bed. "But because I refused to do it - my dad's turning my shed into a fucking dance room for Karen."

"Not the shed." Gwen dramatically gasped as a slight chuckle left Freddie's lips.

"It's not funny." Freddie held back his smile as he chucked a cushion at Gwen. Her ducking just in time as she threw it back, knocking the spliff out of his hands as she took it in her own, taking a toke. "Hey!" Freddie scowled as he pinned her down on the bed, the pair laughing, only to notice they were inches a part. Freddie hovered above her, his hands gripping her wrists above her head. Gwen slowly wriggled her wrist, setting it free as she took another toke from the zoot, pulling Freddie's face closer as they embarked on a sweet kiss, the smoke escaping Gwen's lips and merging into Freddie's mouth, soon enough they both became hungry as their kiss became more passionate. Gwen released the spliff, allowing it to drop on the floor as she reached for the end of Freddie's t-shirt, rising it above his head as he let out a few muffled moans.

✧.*

It doesn't take much to gather that the pair shared their first sexual experience with one another. Gwen chuckled after they had finished, pulling her t-shirt over her head as she sat at the end of the bed. Freddie groaned as he snaked his arms around her waist. "Don't go." He pleaded.

"Did you just invite me round to fuck me?" She teased.

"What else do you think the sub story was for?" Freddie darkly joked as Gwen playfully hit his arm. "Of course not Gwen - it was just a plus." He smirked. "But please - stay a little longer."

"Fine." Gwen grinned as she got under the covers once more, Freddie snuggling into her.

Gwen lay her head on the rest board, slightly sitting up as Freddie lay his head in her lap. Their hands were connected as Gwen used her free hand to stroke Freddie's hair. They spoke about almost everything and anything, Gwen gave him advice on Karen and his dad, telling him to just keep his side of the road clean. They spoke about Cook and how Freddie and JJ feel like he's becoming out of hand and they spoke about Pandora and Thomas, Gwen avoiding the topic as much as she could.

They were interrupted by a knock on the door, Karen smiling devilishly as she spoke. "Someone's here to see you Fredstar."

"Karen!" Freddie yelled as he covered himself and Gwen. "Get out - tell Cook or JJ I'll be down in a bit."

"It's not JJ or Cook." Karen smirked as she moved aside, Effy standing awkwardly.

"Effy." Freddie blinked as he looked to Gwen and back to Effy.

"I didn't realise you had company." Effy mumbled.

"Ef?" Gwen called as Effy headed downstairs, Karen still grinning. Gwen sighed as she dressed herself, quickly running downstairs and catching Effy on the street. "Effy?" Gwen yelled as she turned around. "You want Freddie?" Gwen asked.

Effy scoffed. "No."

"Yes you do." Gwen speculated. "What can we do? Because I like him a lot Ef."

"I know." Effy accepted.

"But I don't want a boy to come between us either." Gwen shook her head.

"I know." Effy repeated. "Me either." The pair stood awkwardly, for the first time ever not knowing what to say. "Did you sleep with him?" Effy pondered as Gwen slowly nodded her head. "Then that settles it." Effy shrugged. "He's yours." Effy began walking away leaving Gwen to stand in her thoughts, the dizziness getting to her.