Chapter 2: Dungeonering

Issei sat on his bed, looking at the screen before him in interest.

"Okay. The guide was simple enough." He spoke.' Though I'm still freaked out about it. First I have this shield, given to me by God to help fight of apocalyptic waves of attacks...which I am definitely not ready to do! Secondly, I have another sacred gear! And apparently it has a dragon sealed within it!! Talk about freaky! Like seriously, why did he have to go and give me two sacred gears!?'

He sighed as he looked at his hands." It said he rarely ever hands them out, and yet he gave me two. One of which is only ever given to the person he trusts is capable of preventing the apocalypse." He turned his gaze upwards." I don't know what you see in me. But if you believe I am the one best suited to take on this responsibility, then I'll do the best I can. I guess." He stated. He turned his gaze back onto the screen.

'Now, if this is like a game then that must mean that I'll have to level up somehow.' "Show {status}! He called out and the screen changed:

Name: Issei Hyoudou

Titles: [Breast fiend] [Cardinal Shield Hero] [Awakened Red Dragon Emperor]

Level: 8|Next level: 550 Exp

Class: Low Class|Human

Stats:

HP: 275/280

MP: 270/270

STR: 22

STA: 20

DEX: 20

INT: 27

WIS: 20

Attribute points: 0

Special Status:

[Breast Fiend]

- As a result of your overly perverse nature in public, you have obtained this status. This status grants you -25% reputation points with woman aware of your status and -70% chance of you obtaining a lover.

Status can be removed by ending perverse actions and behavior performed in public or at all.

Issei sweatdropped at this.' Is it really thát bad?'

[Cardinal Shield Hero]

-You bare the Cardinal Shield, and thus are considered the Shield Hero or Hero of the Shield. Grants you +10 reputation points with those who know of your identity, while also granting you the negative perk {Looked down upon} as well as the perks {Party} and {Will to Protect!}. +10 HP and MP per level.

[Awakened Red Dragon Emperor]

- You have awakened the Boosted gear, thus declaring you this generation's Red Dragon Emperor! While only in its first form, the gear allows you to double your power every ten seconds! This status grants you a +5 to all physical stats and CHA each time you level up. +100 additional skill points every level! + 20% additional Exp.

Though this status reward will uprade as you evolve and level up the sacred gear. Also grants you the nemesis status [White Dragon Emperor].

Up until this point, Issei didn't know how to react. He was a bit confused with the lack of perks from the shield but figured that he would develop more as he went along. And then there was the {Looked down upon} negative perk. The concept of which confused him to no end.

But when he came to the Boosted gear. His jaw fell to the floor.' Like, what the F! That's freaken OP! And the thing isn't even fully developed! Why would God entrust me with something so damn powerful!?' And then he came to the nemesis part and couldn't help but sigh.' Of course I'd have a nemesis! With a power as great as this, it wouldn't make sense for their nót to be a catch.'