Chapter 34: The Only Way Out

Anger, rage, fury and loathing.

Every hateful emotion one could possibly comprehend was rampaging within Riser Phenex.

He thought he'd get off lightly but now his own sister would have to pay the price for his actions.

The worst thing about it was that the King of Devils had already agreed to this request! Meaning there was nothing he could do about it.

Riser was about to object, when another blond spoke up. Apparently, Riser wasn't the only one who was opposed to this decision.

"I object!" The refuting cry came. Everyone turned their gaze toward the one who spoke. And they were surprised to see who it was.

"It's him! The Spear Hero!" One of the onlookers exclaimed. And true to his word, it was Motoyasu Kitamura Phenex that raised his voice.

He glared at Issei hatefully before fixing his gaze upon the King of Devils." I have kept quite throughout this entire event. But no more! My King, Ravel is my betrothed. My fiancee! Do you really intend to allow this? After I swore my service to Hell and worked so diligently to protect it. Do you wish to have the only thing I have ever requested, taken from me by this...this atrocious man!?" He pointed at Issei with loathing ever present on his face.

Sirzechs looked to Motoyasu and shook his head." Spear Hero, while I can understand your plight. Understand that according to Devil law, Ravel is Riser's servant. Even if she is of the same house and status. Being apart of his peerage marks her as his servant.

And under that same law, Issei is entitled to request her as compensation for the crime Riser committed." Sirzechs replied.

"So I'm just suppose to sit back as he takes my bride!? Forgive me my king, but I can not abide by this. Surely there must be a way to stop this. If there is, please convey it to me. You're subject humbly requests of his king for his assistance." Motoyasu bowed as a testament to his sincerity.

Sirzechs looked at Motoyasu and smiled lightly. Though it was a roundabout method, he had finally obtained a good source of entertainment.

'So why not keep the show on a little while longer?' He thought amused.

"Indeed. There is a way. According to the law pertaining to marriages, if a master or a devil of high status wishes to wed another devil's servant, then they must either receive the master's permission or challenge the master for the right to free the servant and wed them afterward." Sirzechs declared.

Issei took a glance at the Devil King and could tell at first glance.' He planned for this, didn't he!?' Unknowingly, Issei frowned. The mere thought that he was nothing more than entertainment to this man made his pride shake!

A sudden urge to fight the red haired devil filled Issei, but that was soon suppressed by the [Calm Mind] skill.

A subtle sigh escaped his lips as he realised he was on the edge of charging at the King of Devils!

'I didn't think it would have this strong an effect. My transitioning into a perfect dragon vessel is causing all my dragonic traits to heighten.

My emotions are also becoming more intense. Luckily I have the shield to protect my mind from influence, otherwise I might get overwhelmed by it all.' Issei thought as he realised the true danger of his cultivation technique.

"Now just imagine what it is like to be a REAL dragon! Your emotions are so intense that small matters that would usually irritate you causes you to go on a rampage!

It's one of the reason's I am glad to be in a spiritual form. Free from the influence of my dragon body, I can finally think and act freely." Ddraig commented.