Chapter 21: Rimuru Tempest

Arriving before a swamp which was brimming with mana, Issei looked on perplexed as he saw no sign of any life forms.

Satouji, seeing the young man's confusion decided to clarify his doubts." This is the Chaos Swamp. At the centre of this realm resides the chaos karma dragon. One of the five great dragon kings.

As she sleeps, she releases a great deal of mana, which saturates both air and land, allowing for other creatures to cultivate the saturated mana and grow stronger.

This swamp, acts as a sponge, sucking up the dragon's mana from the air and land. Since the mana it gathers is a sentient energy, when it accumulates, it gives birth to new sentient spirits.

Spirits that are too weak to manifest a body will use the swamp water as a medium. In other words, the slimes.

Any other creature that attempts to enter or come in contact with the swamp, will have their mana sucked out, and eventually, die." Satouji spoke, this time without his rhyme.

Issei smiled at this." Finally stopped rhyming?" He teased. Satouji smirked." Rhymes aren't just words to say. But I have had enough for now. Ill continue another day." He replied.

Issei nodded and proceeded to activate his [Mana perception]. He could see the rate at which the swamp drew in the mana.

Looking towards the centre of the swamp, Issei could see various mana particles gather at the swamps centre. A light had already formed where the mana gathered. Signalling the birth of a spirit.

The light soon became prominent to the others." It would appear we are just in time." Satouji stated with a smile." It is the birth of a slime."

The other members of Issei's group watched on with amazement." Is Issei's familiar going to emerge?" Asia inquired to the rest of the girls.

Kurohime nodded in response." Indeed. Let's see what kind of familiar master chose." She replied. They continued to wait in suspense. Watching as the light approached the shore and finally revealed itself.

When it emerged from the water, the light vanished and was replaced by a blue slime no larger than a fist.

The girls looked on slightly agitated and in disbelieve.' Is master going to take this slime as his familiar?' 'You have got to be kidding. I can't even feel its power level. How weak is this thing?' '...?' 'Ahhh, its so cute.' Were the thoughts of Kurohime, Kiyomi, Eto and Asia. None could believe the outcome of their master's choice.

Issei approached the slime, who in turn, approached the massive source of mana before itself. Issei knelt down and picked up the blue slime in his hands, using his [Observation] to perceive the slime.

Name: [???]

Title: [???]

Level: 1|Next level: 50XP

Class: Low Class|Slime

Stats:

HP: 100/100

MP: 100/100

SC: 40%

STA: 5

INT: 5

WIS: 2

CHA: 0

LUC: 100

Abilities: [Storm Affinity] [Slime Regeneration] [Mana absorption] [Basic Instinct]

Skills: [Water manipulation] [Lightning manipulation] [Storm manipulation] [Corrosion] [predation] [Digest] [Stomach] [Vibration sense] [Mana sense]

Issei smiled. This was precisely what he wanted. A creature that he can adapt and empower. Like  creating his very own video game character.