Chapter 10: A Date with a Fallen

Extra info:

So, one of our readers questioned how Issei could use Ki and mana despite Ki and mana being opposing powers.

Well, to answer your question, his Ki and mana aren't being used in unity, like how he would with his aura, but rather, he uses Ki in conjunction with mana.

To give examples, when he was fighting Tatara, he used his aura to amplify the power of his flame magic by mixing the two. One could say that he combined two powers into one.

But to explain the usage of both Ki and Mana, think of Issei's full body variation of the body flicker technique. Let's call it Body Flicker Full Cowling. Now, he can use mana to enhance his muscle performance. Meaning he can increase the amount of damage that is dealt with a small amount of energy exertion. Like giving a finger flick the strength to destroy a tree.

With that, he can use ki to release massive amounts of energy in any part of his body, or throughout his entire body. This amplifies the force behind his attacks, enhancing his speed and strength also. Much like how All Might can increase his speed and strength in my hero academia, or how Goku can have such insane amounts of strength in Dragon ball.

Now think of the two being used in conjunction. At the same time. His muscle performance is enhanced by mana, and amplified by ki. That would be deadly!!

Basically what I am saying is that he doesn't mix the powers, like with aura and mana or aura and Ki, but he uses both powers simultaneously and in synchronisation.

Another thing I'd like to address is Issei's rise in levels from thirty one to thirty three as is stated in the previous chapter, for those who may wonder how that happened.

Well that answer's also simple. He conquered the final dungeon, which was also his most dangerous as his powers didn't affect the plants or animals until he brought out the holy water. So the danger assessment was high and thus was his exp gain also higher.

Secondly, he fought Rias' entire peerage, with her included, and won. Even if it wasn't a true battle and the conditions he fought them under was in his favour, he still gathered an impressive amount of exp. Enough to raise him to the next level.

------------------------------------------------------
Name: Issei Hyoudou

Titles: [Breast Fiend] [Ascended Red Dragon Emperor] [Cardinal Shield Hero] [Demon Exterminator] [The Mystery Man]

Level: 33|Next Level: 13 640 Exp

Class: Low Class| Human (Ascended)

Stats:

HP: 61 250/61 250

MP: 121 200/121 200

SC: 50%

CHI: 500 [+][+](suppressed)

KI: 30 000/ 30 000

AURA: 46 500/46 500

STR: 250 [+]

STA: 240 [+]

DEX: 240 [+]

INT: 101 [+]

WIS: 86

CHA: 220 [+]

LUC: 65

And for those of you who are curious, his title as red dragon changed from Arising, to Ascended because he awoke the boosted gear's third liberation

This also upgraded the previous perks gained by this title:

+10, went to +15 to all physical stats per level including charisma.