Chapter 24: Expectations of a King

"I'll be the one training you."

Rias looked perplexed at the man who just boldly stated that he'd train a group of devils.

"Are you sure you can train us Issei? I mean no offence but we do have powers that work differently than the magic you are used to." Rias stated. But Issei shook his head." That won't be a problem. In fact, it is precisely because your powers are different that I'll teach you how to fully utilise it. But regardless, let's begin this small meeting." He spoke. Strolling to Rias' side, he turned and faced the group.

"Now, I would just like to mention a few things before we go outside. The Phenex has an ability that'll put a cork in your plans if you don't prepare for it properly.

The phoenix regeneration.

There are only a hand full of methods that can counter it outside of holy magic. And ironically enough, you have a good bunch of those few methods right here." Issei stated as he looked at each of the four people present.

"And what would those methods be?" Rias inquired, intrigued. Issei smiled at Rias' comment before he turned to Kiba." Kiba, do you think it is possible for you to create an anti-demon sword capable of nullifying his power?" He asked.

Kiba nodded. He rose his hand and a magic circle appeared beneath it from which a black short sword appeared shrouded in a purple aura." It's name is Demon Repulser. It will nullify the special ability of any demon for exactly one minute after being cut." He stated.

Issei nodded." That's one way. Another way is to counteract the method he uses to regenerate. The ability is fire based so any immensely strong ice based attack should stagnate his regeneration." Issei spoke and immediately afterward, Kiba summoned another sword.

This one had a blue grip with a double edge, crystal blade and an aura of ice that threatened to freeze everything that dared to approached it." This is Absolute Zero. It has immensely strong ice based magic which can reach temperatures nearing absolute zero. When it pierces its foe it will release a special ability encasing the individual in a prison of ice." Kiba commented.

Issei nodded in approval." His body may be immortal, but his mind is far from it. Enough pain will cause his mind to shut down and make him collapse. Do you have something for that?"

Kiba looked hesitant at the thought of the type of weapon Issei spoke off. But nevertheless, he produced a third sword. A saber that was like crimson blood and had multiple sharp spikes protruding along the edges of the blade, extending backwards toward the hilt. Piercing won't be an issue but pulling it out, could definitely cause critical damage.

Kiba looked at it with distaste. It was definitely not his type of weapon." This is Torment. It will amplify the pain of any cut or wound that the receiver has sustained, even those not of its own, by a hundred fold. Though I must say, it's not a sword I'd enjoy wielding. I doubt it could even be considered as such." He shook his head as he made the sword levitate in front of him like the previous two.

Everyone looked at the three swords in front of them. Each one of the swords could potentially increase their chances of victory.

Or ensure it!

"Wouldn't this be placing a lot of pressure on Kiba during the rating game?" Rias asked. But Issei shook his head." The swords can be wielded by anyone and can be crafted in advance. If the preparations are done properly, Kiba won't have to be under any pressure during the actual match. Each one of you should carry one of each blade and use them when the time calls for it.
Plus, once he's done training, he'll have an edge over Riser's peerage. That I can guarantee." Issei spoke confidently.