Chapter 27: First Blood Called! A battle of Rooks

"The preparation time has expired. Let the game begin!"

With that announcement made, both teams sprung into action.

Riser's peerage stormed the campus grounds while Rias' team readied themselves for combat.

"Let's go girls, you know the plan! Isabella, Xuelan you take the gymnasium! Secure the outpost before moving on to assist Karlamine and Siris!" Yubelluna, Riser's queen, commanded.

The rooks, Xuelan and Isabella nodded before departing from the group. The two heading for the gymnasium at breakneck speed.

Yubelluna turned to the knights, Karlamine and Siris." Karlamine, Siris you go with Li and Ni, escort them to the enemy's base. Once they have promoted, they are to aid you in engaging the Gremory knight!" She spoke once more.

"Will do."

"Leave it to us."

"We'll have that knight begging for mercy shortly!"

"Let's hurry."

Each of the knights and pawns responded. They too separated from the group and made their way in the direction of the old school building.

"That just leaves me and the bishops. Lady Ravel, I am sure you are also aware of our plan?" Yuballuna stated as she glanced at the blonde beauty of the Phenex clan.

"Indeed I am. We the bishops are to assist you, the queen, in aerial combat. More precisely, we are to help you when engaging with the Gremory queen to insure victory with little to no injury or harm incurred." She finished as her green eyes met Yuballuna's purple ones.

Yuballuna smiled with a nod." Indeed. Then in that case, shall we take to the skies?" She rose her staff and immediately ascended into the heavens. Ravel followed with her flaming wings carrying her through the sky. The last bishop, Mihae, followed after Ravel with her devil wings.

Meanwhile, Koneko arrived at the gymnasium.

She sneered after entering the building." I can sense that you are already here. So why not come out already?" She called out.

With an amused grin on her face, Isabella stepped out from behind the wall while Xuelan descended from the roof. Crashing into the thin gymmats which covered the entire floor.

Isabella stood at five foot eight inches, wore a black leather jacket, black leather pants with combat boots and leather gloves. She had a white mask which covered the right half of her face. Her brown hair stopped inches away from her green eyes, which carried great amusement at their current matchup.

Xuelan on the other hand had black hair and light blue eyes. Her hair was kept together with two white ribbons. Her dress was a blue Cheongsam with black heels.

"I'm assuming you are the rook of Gremory then?" Isabella inquired. Koneko nodded." And you are Riser's rooks. Quite funny that both leaders would decide to send their rooks to the gym, don't you think?" She spoke and began moving toward the two rooks.

"Indeed we are. But worry yourself not with the decisions of our masters, you should focus on the battle at hand." Xuelan spoke as she also approached Koneko.

The two stopped, ten feet from each other, and stared each other down." Are you not willing to participate in this battle?" Koneko asked as she gazed at Isabella behind Xuelan.

Isabella shook her head." Xuelan will be enough. If not, then I'll step in if she is taken out." She replied and proceeded to fold her hands, wanting to watch the match before her play out.

Koneko's gaze shifted back onto Xuelan before she shifted into her fighting stance." Well then, shall we?" She asked. Xuelan resorted to a kung fu stance." Let's." The two smiled and launched themselves at each other.