Chapter 35: Two Birds Before A Dragon

As the three warriors gazed at one another, ready to engage in combat, a voice sounded from the heavens.

"Hear me, warriors in the arena. I am the referee for this match, Grayfia Lucifuge. Upon my say so, this match will both start and end. If I say the match is over, it is over. Any fighting beyond that will be strictly punished.

Do you understand?" The powerful feminine voice rained down from the heavens.

"Understood."

"Understood."

"Understood."

All three combatants confirmed their understanding of the battle rules.

"Good. Now, without further a due, let the match BEGIN!!!" She commanded and instantly, the two Phenex clan members shot towards Issei.

Motoyasu summoned a three bladed spear with two curvy blades on both sides. It was black with a red jewel at its center and radiated a massive amount of power!

"Come forth, Meteorite Spear!" He called forth its name and immediately it shrouded him in a red cloak of fire.

Meanwhile Riser charged his Hell fire. Shrouding himself in a cloak of fire as both his strength and speed rose significantly." Hell fire: Flame Armor!"

With both having activated their techniques, Issei decided to do the same.' Ddraig, how much of my power due I have access to?' He quickly inquired.

Knowing he was dealing with opponents higher levelled than himself, meant he had to know to what extent he was able to push himself. And Ddraig was swift to give him an answer."All the cultivated power you currently posses are safe to use. The seal will only be affected if you try to draw from your innate power." Ddraig replied.

Issei smirked at his partner's words.' That's all I needed to hear.' He raised his shield in response to his approaching adversaries and charged the power within the mighty weapon.

"You're dead!" Riser cried out and shot forth a fist of fire.

"You lose!" Motoyasu added, striking with his spear.

As both attacks descended on Issei, the man in question raised his shield and cried out." Come!" As the two attacks met their target, a flash of green light obscured the view of all onlookers. Upon fading, everyone stared surprised at the figures of Motoyasu and Riser, previously clad in cloaks of fire, now standing without a trace of that power to be found!

In contrast with them, Issei was shimmering in a red and gold light. He smirked at his adversaries' confused expressions, delighting himself at their sudden disadvantage." Light Eraser Shield: Light Consumption!" Upon speaking these words, did the last shimmer of fire magic wielded by his adversaries get sucked into the emerald jewel of the now golden shield.

"Holy Art: Enhance! Release!" The golden shield started shimmering as the holy enhancement took affect.

'Holy power...!?'

'Bastard! Don't tell me he's gonna...'

Seeing the shield's shine brighten, both Riser and Motoyasu realized what was about to occur and cursed internally. They attempted to escape from there, but Issei had already released the power absorbed by the shield.

WHOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!

A golden wave of energy shot from the shield and consumed the two adversaries in its torrent. Despite both jumping out of the way, attempting to escape the reach of the wave, they found themselves unable to escape its grasp entirely and suffered terribly under the influence of the Holy power.