Chapter 29: The Wrath of Thunder!

A while ago

After having been engulfed by the clouds, the members of the Phenex group had become even more alert.

"Stay alert! She might attack at any given moment!" Yubelluna spoke. She had already started casting tracing spells to help them locate the thunder priestess, when multiple stars became visible in the sky above.

'Stars?' Mihae thought.

But no. It was something much more worrisome.

The next thing they knew, it was raining arrows of thunder!

They immediately erected a magic barrier to defend themselves from the sudden assault. And to their relieve, it appeared that their barrier would be able to withstand the assault.

But one thing they didn't account for was the arrows that passed by the barrier. These arrows changed course and started heading back toward their intended target.

'Shit!'

Yubelluna took note of this and extended her staff at the incoming projectiles. She set off a few explosions to counteract the thunder magic before attending back to the barrier.

"Damn this priestess of thunder! Are all of Gremory this cowardly!? Attacking from the shadows and using such underhanded tactics?" She exclaimed in frustration.

Meanwhile, Akeno was giggling to herself as she shot arrow after arrow.' It's almost ready. Just a little longer.' She thought as she saw the sparks of static electricity accumulating within the clouds.

What Riser's servants were unaware of, was that all their explosions and fire magic used to counter the arrows, was heating up the surrounding air. Causing it to expand rapidly!

As a result, the lightning production rate skyrocketed. Thunder started roaring through the area, making the servants of Phenex realise their mistake.

Their expressions portrayed the horror they felt at the sound of thunder.

But it was to late.

Akeno grinned as she readied her thunder bow." This is where you fall!" Suddenly, all the built up lightning gathered within Akeno's bow. It formed an arrow of brilliant white light. Stretching over a distance of fifty metres.

"Now go, INDRA'S ARROW!!!"

And with the call of its name, she released her most powerful attack. A lightning bolt born from natural lightning! A technique which surpasses all forms of elemental magic.

And now it shot through the clouds! With unmatched speed, it reached its intending targets in less than a second.

Yubelluna looked on, frightened, at the sight of the lightning bolt! They had sensed the sudden built up of energy, but were to slow to react. It took less than a second for the arrow to form and even less time for it to fire. Yet, within that short amount of time, they had managed to separate from each other. Opting to run rather than face that terrifying attack. It was better for one of them to fall rather than for all three of them to fall together.

But there was one problem in their desperate plan.

They were trapped!

When the lightning bolt struck down, it used the moisture in the air to determine its path. And like a heat seeker missile it chased after them.

"""AAAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!""" Their cries echoed simultaneously.

The first to be struck down was Mihae. Tearing through one of her wings as well as her back. The scream echoed across the heavens as her wings, back, lungs and chest were fried by the lightning bolt.