Chapter 36: The Embodiment Of Power (End of S1)

Looking up at his adversaries, Issei began walking towards them. Calmly. Steadily. The world seemingly acknowledged his presence as each step he took caused the surrounding pebbles and dust to arise and orbit around him. Elegantly. Gracefully. As though in worship.

Watching all this from the heavens, Motoyasu and Riser couldn't help but admire the dominance portrayed by this man. Showcasing such supremacy that even nature was submissive within his presence.

Yet, in retrospect, they would come to regret this minuscule moment of distraction...

Suddenly!

Issei appeared behind them with his fist cocked back!

Their eyes widened as they never saw him move. And yet, even as they felt his presence behind them, they still couldn't react fast enough as Issei shot his fist forward. Releasing a force so great that a storm of wind manifested. The earth shook and tore apart as its surface exploded, sending tremors throughout the realm. The air itself vibrated, causing sounds of thunder to spread about.

A dust storm followed shortly. And when it finally cleared, the entire audience stood flabbergasted at the sight. The entire arena was gone! Nothing, not even a speck of dust remained as the entire realm was wiped clear of its existence. The place had become a desolate wasteland.

At the center of the aforementioned wasteland, was a giant crater. Riser and Motoyasu laid wasted at its center. Broken. Torn. While their bodies, having been obliterated, showcased the absence of a midsection and torso.

Still, despite their critical condition, the flames of the Phoenix's regeneration blazed to life. Pulling them back from the brink...

In mere moments they were fully restored. Yet, even as they stood, they found themselves feeling more drained then ever before. It became clear to them that that punch delt more damaged than any other attack they have ever incurred.

If the two Phenexes weren't fearful before, now they most certainly were!

Up in the heavens, Issei gazed down at his foes with a smile on his face. Looking at his new form in wonder, he grinned.' Ddraig, how long do you think this form will last?' He thought curiously." This form is extremely taxing, Issei. You're utilising three forms of power simultaneously. And while you have achieved a state of power that allows you to exert a thousand times the force you can in your base form, the strain it puts on your body is to great. If you continue to exert the same level of power as the previous attack, then this form won't hold for more than one minute!" Ddraig spoke worriedly.

Issei groaned in annoyance.' So what you're saying is that I can't use my full power for more than a minute?'

"Not just your full power, simply remaining in this state is putting immense stess on your body. Even if you didn't fight, you'd only have five or so minutes in this form before your body caves under the stress it's been put under."

'Well shit...'

"That's not even the worst of it..."

'There's more?'

"This form relies heavily on the balance between the three powers. If you use so much as a single spell, the mana drain will destabilize the balance among the powers and force you out of this state."

'Well shit! I thought this form would be my ace in the hole. But it's turning out to be a real pain in the ass!' Issei thought in disappointment.

"Not quite, partner. These devils' abilities rely heavily on their stamina. And this form of yours seems to drain them fast. Just look at them. They are taking longer to recover. If you continue to fight in this state, it will no longer be a battle of strength or power, but a battle of stamina." Ddraig advised.