Chapter 32: I Was Referring To My Servant...

In the Underworld, all the nobles and influential devils gathered in the Phenex territory.

All of them came, baring gifts of goodwill. Gifts for the union that was about to take place.

Many maids were busy dressing the bride and tending to her hair as she remained a captive to her thoughts.

'I hope you make it in time, Issei.' Rias thought hopefully. She knew that if nothing was done, she'd end up as Riser's wife and her servants as his play things.

The thought of that happening enraged her. But there was nothing she could do now. She had to rely on her insurance.

On Issei!

She rubbed a spot near her shoulder. A mark that was hidden beneath her wedding gown.

She couldn't wait to get this over with.

A column of fire emerged at the centre of the room. Rias sneered when she saw it." What do you want Riser?" She questioned in an angered tone.

From the fire, Riser emerged. Dressed in a white tuxedo. He scoffed at Rias' tone of voice." Rias dear, you will do well to know that you are addressing your husband. Show him some respect." He walked over to her and stood beside her.

"Nevertheless, Riser has come to take his bride. The processions have already begun. All they are waiting for, is Riser and his beautiful bride." He spoke with a smirk.

Rias averted her gaze from him. She couldn't believe things had come to this. Feeling a sudden tug, she was pulled into Riser's arms. Gazing into her eyes, he smirked." By the end of today, you'll be Riser's wife. Oh~how he has waited for this day. And now, finally, it has come to pass." He released her and started walking back to the centre of the room.

"Ten minutes is all you have. In ten minutes Riser will come to receive his bride." He stopped and turned to look at her with a lecherous expression." And she better be prepared!"

With a sudden flare of fire, he vanished from the room. Leaving behind a group of anxious maids and a fuming red head.

"HAAAAAAGGGHH!!!" Rias yelled in frustration.

~♡~

Back in the hall, the Gremory peerage had gathered. Each was dressed in their best outfits for this occasion.

Kiba in a tux. Akeno in a purple kimono with Koneko wearing a white kimono.

They stood among the guests, chatting and discussing over various topics. But every once and awhile, they gazed into each other's eyes and saw the worry they each held for their leader.

And for themselves.

"What are we going to do?" Koneko asked her fellow peerage members as they approached the table bearing drinks.

"I don't know if we can do anything regarding this matter." Kiba replied sincerely.

"Leave it be. We can't do anything. We had our chance and we blew it. This is the consequence. We must accept it." Akeno spoke with a solemn expression.

They sighed in unison and proceeded to get themselves some drinks.

A bell rang, signalling the start of the procession.

Everyone gathered around the entrance as Riser came walking in with Rias at his side. Cheers filled the room as everyone began to clap their hands and praise the couple.

They walked up to the alter, where a man dressed in blue and gold armor with royal clothing visible beneath. His red hair fell to his mid back and his greenish blue eyes carried an almost hypnotic gleam to them.